Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you shoold still need a reflash, but might as well buy the bbk for it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its used btu EVERYTHING is there.........down to the original instructions. Its coming from a site member here that has been highly recommended so Ill guess Ill see what the istructions say. But I wanted to ask here to see what you guys knew about it. Thanks. .....................btw the BBk is coming in the spring. $$$ ya know!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Anyone know if you have to flash the ECU after install of the supercharger? Or is it ok? Its NOT the BBK version.
You do not "need" to flash after installation of the basic JRSC SVT kit. It uses a PowerCard developed by Jackson as it's tuning device. You may want to have the car tuned but it is not required. The BBK requires the ECM be sent to Ford Racing for their flash, which is part of the kit.

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
tha basic JRSC uses a black box type of thing. If you need help or to look at a jrsc svt feel free to shoot me a pm and you can stop by and check mine out

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
The jrsc "card/black box" was a real BOS and yes you do need to do a flash custom tune if you want it right with the highest amount of safety

Tom

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yes, as stated above...you really need a good tune, even with the JRSC.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The black box is awful, it tricks the ECU to run the injectors at something like 110% duty cycle. With bigger injectors I believe you can tune the JRSC in base form but if you're spending the money get the BBK with atleast the factory tune that comes with it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yea I would. I went through the same debate when I first got mine. Went with the BBK and never looked back.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yeak the BBK is worth it, the way it should have come in the first place.

·
Registered
245 Posts
any ideas of limiting the intake temps. ? can i change it to intercooler ? if yes, what did i need ? i can get an Audi S3 air to air cooler and another intake manifold for the projekt.

·
Registered
360 Posts
watch when u get it flashed cause i had mine done through a ford dealer here in ohio and they sent the pcm out for flash and who ever flashed it screwed it up and my car was horrible. so then i just got a sct flasher had it retuned and now it runs like a gem

·
Registered
647 Posts
the JRSC is fun specially with the BBK. it's not fast by anymeans but thats not what I was going for when I was thinking of going FI. it's a big step up from stock thats for sure, but don't be out racing just anyone headstrong thinking you're gonna kick big ass lol

On topic: GET the BBK at the sametime, it's worth it. you can install the pully while the charger is out of the car which will make it easier and well it'll be all done at once which just makes it so much nicer. I waited and did the exact thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts