Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a shop by where I live that sells the jackson racing supercharger for svtf for $2749. Just seeing if that sounds like the right price for these. It does not have bbk

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
That's kinda pricey for the power you'll get with that. I can sell you the Procharger with FMIC HERE
For your SVT it would be just the blower,piping to FMIC, FMIC, pc oil, K&N Filter with recharge kit, installation manual. You would have to get piping from the FMIC to the TB made since the piping that's there is for a ZX3 only. $2,700.

More power and easier install than the JRSC.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
It does have the tuning though. that sounds about right for a new JRSC

·
Registered
526 Posts
gmanj23, the price is right on the money if the kit is new and complete. I would take a JRSC over a Procharger any day of the week and here is why. I installed a used (5,000 mi) JRSC two years ago, added the BBK at install because it included a tune from Ford Racing. The total cost of this project was $2300 and I have not had a single problem or any additional maintenance. I have put about 30,000 miles on my car since adding the JRSC and to this day I have never had to pull the factory sparkplugs for any reason, not even to regap them.
Some people don`t think that adding 70 hp is much but I think that a 50% increase is substantial. It is not the most powerful power adder but it is reliable and a 215 hp focus is a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i would definatly go for it, so long as the kit is complet...tune and all. See if you can talk them down too. Doubt that shop sees a big demand for Focus JRSC. Its probably been there for a while

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I would get the Procharger.....

Anything you get should be Custom Dyno Tuned!!

Not every car wears the same and a generic tune can only be so good...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i agree^
i dont think i would pay 2700 for a new JRSC w/ out the bbk. I guess it also depends on your mechanical ability but in my opinion you could probably piece together a decent turbo kit or source a slightly used SC kit for much less and make more power.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
gmanj23, the price is right on the money if the kit is new and complete. I would take a JRSC over a Procharger any day of the week and here is why. I installed a used (5,000 mi) JRSC two years ago, added the BBK at install because it included a tune from Ford Racing. The total cost of this project was $2300 and I have not had a single problem or any additional maintenance. I have put about 30,000 miles on my car since adding the JRSC and to this day I have never had to pull the factory sparkplugs for any reason, not even to regap them.
Some people don`t think that adding 70 hp is much but I think that a 50% increase is substantial. It is not the most powerful power adder but it is reliable and a 215 hp focus is a hell of a lot of fun to drive.
Hmm I have PC 8PSI unit on my SVT for 2 years not a single problem with PC, and I spent $1500 on used unit

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
very nice! PC'ers are nice units

·
Registered
526 Posts
If making bigger numbers on a dyno is your primary goal then get a Procharger. The problem with the PC is that it is not well suited for daily driving, just ask any former owner. The PC requires maintenance every 5,000 miles and is a pita due to location of the unit. The location of the unit causes other issues during inclement weather, like belt slippage because the factory splash guard had to be removed and cannot be put back on. The PC is notorious for alignment issues that cause premature belt wear and unit failure.

The one thing that is common to most PC owners, they don`t keep them very long. So in conclusion, if you want to be afraid to drive your car cross country then buy a Procharger.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm I have PC 8PSI unit on my SVT for 2 years not a single problem with PC, and I spent $1500 on used unit
I`m gonna call BS on this one. PC installed, tuned and driven 2 years without a problem for $1500, I don`t think so.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I`m gonna call BS on this one. PC installed, tuned and driven 2 years without a problem for $1500, I don`t think so.
Why BS ? Do you think I will take my car overseas if I have problems with it ? I bought it on ebay..overbid turbotom that time ;-) Installed it myself in parking spot (therefore as you mentioned aligmend issue after initial start up...solved next day), splash guard is still on. Will be doing clutch/fly/LSD next month
and just to clarify $1500 I spent on unit, $42 injectors, 70mm MAF (which I sold and bought MAFia and 60lb)
$250 I think I spend on Tom's tune (I already had Predator)
and then AEM wideband and J&S extra

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If making bigger numbers on a dyno is your primary goal then get a Procharger. The problem with the PC is that it is not well suited for daily driving, just ask any former owner. The PC requires maintenance every 5,000 miles and is a pita due to location of the unit. The location of the unit causes other issues during inclement weather, like belt slippage because the factory splash guard had to be removed and cannot be put back on. The PC is notorious for alignment issues that cause premature belt wear and unit failure.

The one thing that is common to most PC owners, they don`t keep them very long. So in conclusion, if you want to be afraid to drive your car cross country then buy a Procharger.
I never had any of those problems you talk about. Have you had a Procharger on your car? Oil change was easy and never had any belt slippage. If you do it right and take care of it you'll never have any issues with it. I'm guessing you're not speaking from experience.

You're right that some PC owner's don't keep them very long but it's the same thing with JRSC, Vortech, turbo kits....everyone eventually decides they want more power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts