Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, I was shopping with the my wife today, as we were loading our things into my car a guy came up and asked if I wanted to buy a JRSC for my car. He is asking 2000.00 for it. I looked around trying to find what they are going for, but I do not see any for sale. Is the price good? I remember I paid around 3000.00 for the one I installed on my Integra GSR, were the SVT prices about the same?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I really wasn't looking to go FI, but it kinda fell into my lap. I had good luck with the one I install on my GSR, and if it was a good deal I was going to pick it up. But if it's not a good deal, I think I'll pass.

Thanks again

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, thats not a good deal unless it comes w/ other stuff, tuning will really get you!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the Ford Racing kit w/ the boost upgrade. It comes with a voucher so I can send my PCM to Ford for their tune. I not sure how good it would be, but I'm betting on the safe side. It also comes with the bigger injectors and all of the supporting hardware. If I can get it for 1500.00 or 1600.00 I might think about it. I put over 100,000 miles on the one in my GSR and I never had a problem besides a new belt every 15,000 miles.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, the roots type blowers last for forever!!! check and see what the guy wants for it!! if he offered 2k, I bet you can get it for lower!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll call him tomorrow and see what he will take for it. I wasn't planning on doing anything like this to this car, but this stuff always seems to happen. Who knows, I actually got better fuel economy after I installed the one on my other car.

·
Registered
397 Posts
why not just get a powerworks for... what 3200? hmm i guess 2200 is cheap though... i just... dont think buying used parts is really good... i fell into that trap and it hurt a lot.

Good luck sir.. sounds good!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
it really does depend on the parts. A roots blower is pretty reliable, I don't see too much of an issue w/ them, heck, they are on stock cars!!! and they last for well over 100k miles!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I can pick it up for say 1500-1600, I might do it just to make my DD a little more fun. A roots blower in bullitproof. I can't remember how many track days I have done with my Integra, but that was the only piece on the car that I never touched. I really do not have a problem buying used parts. Sometimes you have to say no just because the person acts shady or you can tell it was not taken care of. This guy seems pretty decent. The only thing holding me back is I do not want to get bumped into SM when I autocross. I would get killed.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i can hook up up with a roush turbo kit for 2500. A LOT more power to be made and not much more $$

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it wasn't my DD, I would go with a turbo. I figure if I'm going to do something, I'm going this route. I ended up picking it up for $1550.00. I can probably install it in 5-7 hours. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
If it wasn't my DD, I would go with a turbo. I figure if I'm going to do something, I'm going this route. I ended up picking it up for $1550.00. I can probably install it in 5-7 hours. Thanks for the info guys.
mine has a turbo making 353whp and i get groceries in it, drive it to work, take it on road trips... it is stupid to say that a turbo isnt good for a DD. [screwy]

but if you wanna still be slow i guess the jrsc is the right choice. i had one for about 6 months when i first got the car [hah]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
that is a great deal.... cost me 1450 without tuning!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
so, um, I got my rents to cover tuition for me as a gift!!! therefore, IM KEEPING MY JRSC!!! lol, it was a blessing as they are paying everything!

·
Registered
457 Posts
will the roush turbo setup work on an svt?

i thought it was standard zetec only?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the only way you can get the roush setup to work is to change the charge piping and get some custom tuning.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
How come every time someone comes on the boards and asks about a blower kit, you always get someone who has to repeat the same tired rant about "go turbo"?

The guy has the option of getting a blower with an out of the box tune for under 2k. Granted, its not 300+ whp, but not everyone feels the need to have that much under the hood nor do they feel the need to dump that much money into their car. Besides, I think he would be pretty hard pressed to find a complete turbo kit with tuning for under 2k. I guess on the internet, it's real easy to spend someone else's money.

Autotec - If you can get the kit with the tune for under 2k, go for it. There are other kits out there that will yield more oomph, but you can expect 210 -215whp and it will be a nice and reliable addition. Personally, I think its how the SVT should have come from the factory. Good luck to you, keep us posted on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think people say to got turbo becuase it's more efficient than the JRSC and you get more power too, but people are goin to give there opinion as to what they think they would do. If I was going with a SC I would get a Procharger. but for the JRSC for what he paid is a good deal and for what power goals he wants is perfect for him.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts