Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 zx3 zetec 2.0 JRSC w /BBK focus. and when i went to go start it up today it wouldnt start. ( its about 38 degrees outside)the battery and everything is good according ot my volt metter gauge. it was tuned by ford motorsports to. does anyone have an idea what it may be ?????? please help

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no and it smells like raw gas. it will turn over when i hold the gas pedal down a little bit, and when it warms up it is fine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Try and holding the gas pedel all the way to the floor that shuts the gas off when starting it. Sounds to me you engine is flooded out with fuel right now. Might not work but give it a try.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
no and it smells like raw gas. it will turn over when i hold the gas pedal down a little bit, and when it warms up it is fine.
i dont really understand that?... so your car will not turn over at all, but when you hold the gas pedal down it will? that doesnt make any since.

if your car isnt turning over it is something with the starting, charging, or pats system.

if your car does turn over then it could be a number of other things. but since it smells like fuel then it could either be flooding or have a fuel leak and not be building pressure.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya it wont start when it is cold when i hold the gas around 3000 for like 2 minutes then it starts. in the summer since it is hot i had no problem with it at all its just the cold weather. when my car starts up when im holding the gas pedal down its black smoke that comes out and after a few it runs fine. and now my check engine light came on and i went and got the code scanned and they said its either o2 sensor, maf sensor(but me and my dad already switch that and that aint it ) or leak in injector...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
he means he's holding the gas while he's turning the key then holds it at 3k rpm for a bit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exactly

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found the problem. the tune when they reflashed my computer wasnt set up correct for cold conditions. so im geting it sct tuned and dyno'd as we speak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts