Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think I will put a rod in my oil pan if I do this??? I wanna b able to take the V8's. I have a deal on another forum where I can pick it up for cheap!!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O ya, planning on about 210 ish w/ n20 on 12 psi or so and w/ all the other headwork/sc work I have done (WMI will be used) So I would be looking at 250-260 ish. so, too much for the zetec???

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If you wanna be able to take the V8s then go with a procharger or turbo so you can eventually up the boost.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, but I am just gonna stick w/ the setup I have. If I wanna beat the v8s, then I will get a v8!!! lol, this is still gonna be my DD, but if I take it to the track, I wanna be able to run in the 13's consistently!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anymore thoughts?

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
So basically you want a turbo? Ie turn up boost when you go to track but have it lower for around town...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm thinking 210 to the wheels will put me low 14's as I am already high 14's. then the extra 50 shot will break me into the 13's. 250 whp is alot for a car that weighs under 2500 lbs w/ the driver!!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Blowers LOVE nitrous, as it cools the charge down as well. I think you would have to pull some timing to get away with it, and it is right on the limit of what the stock zetec can hold. I think it would work, but only for a while. If you only use it from time to time it will last if set up correctly.

1.) I would do a fuel cell ( a small one 3 gallon or so), with a dedicated fuel pump JUST for the nitrous. Fill that puppy with VP C16 and spray with C16 coming in as the wet fuel side of the spray.. Much better fuel, and less prone to detonation.

2.) Direct port it and do the smallest direct port hit possible ( about 75 HP on a 4 cyl )...The blowers don't seem to like having the nitrous come through them, not sure why, but I have seen a few Eaton blowers fail on the front bearing that were being sprayed through.

3.) Go have fun.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info!!! Thanks, so ur saying get something that would basically split the injector ports into two parts where the injectors go and where the nitrous will go in right??? Not too familiar w/ Direct port nitrous although I think it would be the best!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
No, the nitrous ( wet system) will have a fuel feed, and a nitrous feed...The both go into the nozzle and are metered by jets.

I am saying pull the fuel for the nitrous ONLY from a small fuel cell ( they make 3 gallon ones) and use VERY high end race fuel. I like VP personally, and C16 and C12 are very good for suppressing detonation AND making power. Its also very expensive, but you would not use much.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Oh, also. Direct port is the same as a single nozzle system, except that you have a nozzle for each individual cylinder. Its time consuming, but the way to go. especially with the blower on top.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
lol i still have plans of buying a junkyard chevelle (sold my 69 =() or beat up foxbody stang and building a fun drag car, 12's all day long naturally aspirated would really be something huh.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gotcha, so I would have to droll and make inserts for the new fuel and nitrous system then right?

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
250whp being enough power to get into the 13's isnt the problem. but fwd is a problem.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do have a LSD and I will be getting slicks soon, as soon as the money gets here!!

(1000th post!!!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts