Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
i think its in the low 14's with BBK....IN A 1/8TH about low 9's

and of course it all comes down to the driver...but id say on an average these are good numbers

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
PM SVT_BMXer and ask him.. he has one.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I would hope it would break high 13's!!, but i dunno, it just seems like it should be lower.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
PM SVT_BMXer and ask him.. he has one.
I honestly have never been to a track or had something to measure 0-60. I'd guess low 6 to high 5 second 0-60 and 1/4 in the low 14's. 13's with slicks and LSD probably, actually I think there was someone who ran like a 13.8 or .7.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I have heard the SVT/ST can max out the speedo, I've had mine pretty high but due to forum rules I can't say exactly what. But let me just say, the Focus is a great car but is NOT meant to go at high speeds, I felt a great deal of lift and the car felt very unstable. Just some food for thought. And besides, the JRSC pulls hard in the low end, through 4 pretty good but kinda runs out of breathe anything above that. And that's why I like it, I do more in town driving than anything so having that low end power is awesome.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
High 13's sounds alot better, I'm hoping to break the 13.xx when i get mine installed on my zetec. I think i can drop .8xx seconds off my current time!! thats good to know someone made it into the 13's.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I would have thought it would have been quicker. The meter in my car, all-motor (yes, its built) best time i have turned was 0-60 in 5.33. Most runs i have made since that are in the mid 5 sec range. i would have thought the JRSC with BBK would have done at the very least better than that. But also remember that more often than not, these cars have traction control and will make a huge difference in 0-60 times. Mine didnt have it factory and i also have the weight down in the 23xxlb range too.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would have thought it would have been quicker. The meter in my car, all-motor (yes, its built) best time i have turned was 0-60 in 5.33. Most runs i have made since that are in the mid 5 sec range. i would have thought the JRSC with BBK would have done at the very least better than that. But also remember that more often than not, these cars have traction control and will make a huge difference in 0-60 times. Mine didnt have it factory and i also have the weight down in the 23xxlb range too.
Well I was purely speculating, I honestly can't judge 0-60 at all. And how on earth are you down to 23xxlbs??? I could probably take off 100+/- a few but when I pulled on a scale I was at 2820 with a full tank.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I am at 2300 exactly, i plan on taking off more, and thats w/ my AC still in. I weighed 2588 w/ a full (to the brim) tank of gas and my spare tire in!! haha anyways, mike, u ran a 5.33 0-60 NA??? thats sick!! what compression are u running??? I'm only at about 6.6 or so.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Considering your car ran a 14.8 n/a per your sig, I'd say your particular JRSC application would put you well into the 13's.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ya, I'm hoping, but we are only talking about the M45, not the M65. I can only run about 7-8 lbs w/o heatsoak. I will have barely any gas in it, so my car should be around 2500 lbs w/ me in it driving, so it will all be on my launch. but we will see in the spring since we have 1 yrd of snow right now!! lol

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Oh sorry... I thought you were the OP. This is SVT discussion. LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thought it was a bad idea to run the focus with less than half a tank of gas in it? Its really bad on the fuel pump, I know that much. Since the fuel in the tank actually cools the pump.Just thought I would let you know.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
still, i think that i can break 13's. but as for the fuel pump, I don't plan on running too many times at the track. I'm not too worried about it. I'm not gonna run w/ my fuel light on, but I will have about 1/4 tank or so.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
so i can run the 6th gear to the end (7.000 rpm) ?

do you think, i will be faster then an Focus RS ?
I would think a JRSC SVT would atleast be as fast, those make what, 212bhp? Not sure about torque but you should be making between 200-215whp with the JRSC. And yes you can run 6th out but I really doubt you'll have enough power to do so. 6th at redline is pretty high, I seem to remember a guy redlineing on a dyno at like 170? Can anyone confirm this or am I batshit crazy?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts