Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a measure of my pulley and it's 3.5" which correlates to about to 5 psi, not 8 like I was told when I bought it. My question is how safe would the motor be on a 2.95", or 10-11 psi with the black box. Engine is in great running condition and I would only have the black box tune for the drive to western washington to get it tuned.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Where you going to get it tuned? I'd bring both pulleys w/ you. No sure, I'd run the smaller one to get you over here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mustang shop! Seems like a good deal to me. I'm really excited too, since i'l' be doubling my boost and getting a tune. A lot more power left in the bee!

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Moved to "General Forced Induction". The black box that he is referring to was the general piggy-back box that Jackson Racing used to sell along with their kits when they first brought them out. They then phased that out and had you ship your ECU in to get it reprogrammed. The black boxes were decent but didn't give you potential of the JRSC. The reprogrammed ECU was the same way. It was just a generic program they loaded on there that kept everything in the safe ranges. A custom tune was the only way to take advantage of everything that you had available. Have you ever thought of doing remote tuning instead?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Go for a remote tune with Tom, you won't regret it, as for using the smaller pulley with the black box I wouldn't do it, the injectors wouldn't be able to keep up with the increased boost you'll have.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
To keep it simple the MAFia reduces the signal from the MAF to the ECU so you dont max out the MAF

No dont use another MAF , use your stock MAF with the MAFia

If you can find 50lb Injectors you will be fine

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
260whp is certainly possible! With water/meth to keep the supercharger from heatsoaking and dropping the IAT's a bit. A good tune and a decent exhaust 260 is reasonable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts