Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JRSC questions! (pics added)

Ok so I have a few questions and want you guys to clear them up for me. I found a deal on a jrsc I belive it has the bbkbut not 100% sure. What does the bbk include.

The kit the I found it brand new it was installed then taken off to go a different route. This is what it includes.
Svt JRSC kit
CFM Overdrive crank pulley
2.4" jrsc pulley
Cfm 67mm throttle body
Frpp 42# injectors

No tune and for everything he wants 1500, what should I pay for this? Is it worth it?

I'm a newb to the Svt focus but not from FI, I ran alot of turbo cars, so I'm new to the SC.

I know everyone is going to say go turbo but I only want somewhere close to 200whp. And a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I say it's a good deal but I wouldn't use the overdrive crank pulley. Go for it, sounds like a good deal, you'll need a tune but I believe that's everything you'll need. And you will get right around 200whp or so, it's plenty fun and reliable to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a good deal, buy it. You could turn around and sell it here for a profit if you don't use it.

On a related note, does anyone know if you can buy just the BBK tune from Ford, instead of the whole BBK? If not, you could still buy the whole BBK, and just sell the injectors and pulley. Probably a lot cheaper than a custom tune.

Gregg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I say it's a good deal but I wouldn't use the overdrive crank pulley. Go for it, sounds like a good deal, you'll need a tune but I believe that's everything you'll need. And you will get right around 200whp or so, it's plenty fun and reliable to.
Why not use the overdrive crank pulley?

What size injectors does the bbk come with and does the bbk use the 2.5" pulley?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I would want to know the mileage and see the rotors. Ask to see some pics of the rotors and make sure theyre still intact with the coating. The BBK for the svt was injectors, a pulley and a tune.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have pictures of everything that I can post but I don't know how post picture. I can just post a link.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you have to buy the whole kit, you cannot just buy the tune as i found out earlier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not use the overdrive crank pulley?

What size injectors does the bbk come with and does the bbk use the 2.5" pulley?
I believe the SVTF BBK comes with 42lb injectors, and the pulley is 3.1". Is it blue? The BBK pulley is blue, so if it is, you likely have the BBK.

Gregg

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Use Photobucket to post pics. It very easy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok here ill try and post some pics.

This is the only thing wrong with it from what i see and was told.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
thats not the BBK pulley, however, it is really small, so same thing. u will be running 10 psi or more w/ that setup.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Ok yea I would def not use the overdrive pulley, I can't tell how small that one pulley is but it looks smaller than the BBK pulley. The BBK makes about 10psi, any more than that and you start to get intake temps that are way to high. A member awhile had a custom pulley and overdrive crank pulley, made 16psi and not only did he blow up his engine, but he only made like 15whp more than what the BBK makes. It's not worth the risk to run that much boost un-intercooled. My advice, buy the kit as it's still a good deal, but get a BBK pulley (or maybe try and run the silver one and see how much boost it makes) and get it tuned. You'll still have spent less than what a kit costs brand new.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill have to talk to him and see what the silver pulley is, I dont wanna blow anything up, cus that just isnt any fun!

svt_bmxer how much power are you pushing? I belive i read it somewhere already but im not sure.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you should be fine w/ just the sc pulley, but the od crank pulley would just be risky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If it was me, I'd buy the BBK and use it's pulley, injectors and tune, then sell all the leftover parts from the used kit. You'll only be out a few hundred dollars, and have a nice, safe setup with a good tune and fresh injectors, that should run very well.

Gregg

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i hope one day to find a deal like that for a jrsc!

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it was me, I'd buy the BBK and use it's pulley, injectors and tune, then sell all the leftover parts from the used kit. You'll only be out a few hundred dollars, and have a nice, safe setup with a good tune and fresh injectors, that should run very well.

Gregg
^^X2

Nice looking used kit as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts