Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the install on the blower. Its an 03 svt. Steeda short ram intake. Jackson racings black box tuning. The car is currently sputtering in the top end of any gear. Basically anytime i get over like 3-4k the car jerks and does not want to go. Also, my temp gauge in the car does not work sometimes. It will read nothing and then read normal and then go back to nothing again. Any ideas what could be wrong?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,104 Posts
did you replace the injectors? sounds like it's starving for fuel. Change the Fuel Filter?

As far as your temp gauge, sounds like a bad connection or loose connection. Make sure all the connections to the thermostat are connected.....as fas as what else, i don't know. maybe someone else will chime in and help you out with that

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You wouldnt need the injectors if you are only running the base kit at 5psi. Sounds like a vac leak somewhere.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The temp gauge acting that was is kind of odd because if the connector is removed from the block, it would throw a CEL.
Did you mess with your ECU at all ?
If yes, I would double check and make sure you have the ECU harnest connector aligned and installed properly to make sure no pins are skewed, mis-aligned or have an intermittent connection.

Also, did you install the Steeda short ram before you had the JRSC ?

Perhaps the MAF reading is not getting read properly and causing some A/F ratio issues.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also, double, triple check the wires from the black box to the MAF and everything else to make sure you have the correct pins connected and they are connected securely.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,104 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
You wouldnt need the injectors if you are only running the base kit at 5psi. Sounds like a vac leak somewhere.
thanks for clarification

1 - 6 of 6 Posts