Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have just finished up the install on the Jrsc this afternoon and it is great. The pull is awsome even in the upper gears. It suprised the crap out of me. The install took a while and was a little agravating at times but all in all it wasn't to bad. The Instruction could have had a couple more picutes and that would have been helpful. I was running the K&N AirCharger but it didn't work with the sc setup. So I am selling it if anyone would like to purchase it just pm me. I went to Auto Zone an pick up a K&N drop in. I actually noticed a big difference from the stock panel filter to the K&N and it made the whine of the sc louder. I also took the side snorkle off and that made it a little more louder. If any one knows how to make the whine even louder please tell me. I am running the JR black box for now until I can have it dino tuned with bigger injectors and a new maf. I was running the diablo preditor and I also can not use it with the sc setup so I am selling it as well. I think I am going to leave the stock exhaust on the car and just get a down pipe pretty soon. I also noticed that the stock exhaust pops a lot more now. I anyone has any questions about anything else feel free to ask.

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got the AEM CAI for my car but then I cut it to fit on the JRSC and it is so loud, u can hear the whine like crazy in high rpms. But ya that will help to make it louder. also if ur gunna dyno tune it etc, id say wait till ford come out with the big boost kit, it will save you lots of time and money prob in the long run.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
^^^do you have any idea when they are supposed to come out with it?........................i was under the impression that it was already out??? maybe not

·
Registered
148 Posts
It is already out. Check the ford racing website. They have it line listed in the parts section.
Have fun.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Grandma said:
I got the AEM CAI for my car but then I cut it to fit on the JRSC and it is so loud, u can hear the whine like crazy in high rpms. But ya that will help to make it louder. also if ur gunna dyno tune it etc, id say wait till ford come out with the big boost kit, it will save you lots of time and money prob in the long run.
I thought it was already out. with the bbk, it would help. (i don't have a sc or F/I)
But its good to see that ford is kinda supporting the jrsc with there own bbk for an aftermarket supercharger

·
Registered
565 Posts
congrats on the addition! good luck w/ it. keep us posted w/ pics 'n what not

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will see what I can do about the pics. As I said I had the K&N and it wouldn't fit so I put the stock one on with a k&n drop in and that alone helped to make the whine more pronounced. I took the side snorkle out and that helped a bit too. I climbed in my car the other day and started it up and got a check engine light. I used to preditor to see what the codes were and it said: misfire cyl 3, and knock sensor (bank 1). As you all know the svt are extremely rough on start up any way. Could this have caused the codes? I also cleared the codes to turn the light off and it never came on again while I was driving it. It done it again this morning so I cleared them again and again did not come on while driving it the rest of the day. While going down the road after clearing the codes it performs just like it should and does not miss or knock. What is this all about? I asked a friend and he told me that I needed to run a colder plug. Is this right? What would every one recommend if it is the plugs and what gap should I set it at? It really bothers me to pay all this money for this kit and I am getting lights. I have a friend who is going to dino tune it for me and he told me to just sell the preditor and he could get me a custom sniper tune to flash my computer with. Does the bbk come with a program of some sort? Where can I get the bbk kit right now for my svt? I over heard someone say on the forms that mcnews had them. Any other opinions and recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If you don't want the JRSC, I'll take it off your hands!

Good luck with figuring out what the problem is... I'd try the paper filter, then (if that doesn't work) new plugs 1 step colder (stock gap).

·
Registered
76 Posts
svt#1960 said:
I will see what I can do about the pics. As I said I had the K&N and it wouldn't fit so I put the stock one on with a k&n drop in and that alone helped to make the whine more pronounced. I took the side snorkle out and that helped a bit too. I climbed in my car the other day and started it up and got a check engine light. I used to preditor to see what the codes were and it said: misfire cyl 3, and knock sensor (bank 1). As you all know the svt are extremely rough on start up any way. Could this have caused the codes? I also cleared the codes to turn the light off and it never came on again while I was driving it. It done it again this morning so I cleared them again and again did not come on while driving it the rest of the day. While going down the road after clearing the codes it performs just like it should and does not miss or knock. What is this all about? I asked a friend and he told me that I needed to run a colder plug. Is this right? What would every one recommend if it is the plugs and what gap should I set it at? It really bothers me to pay all this money for this kit and I am getting lights. I have a friend who is going to dino tune it for me and he told me to just sell the preditor and he could get me a custom sniper tune to flash my computer with. Does the bbk come with a program of some sort? Where can I get the bbk kit right now for my svt? I over heard someone say on the forms that mcnews had them. Any other opinions and recommendations would be appreciated.

you are in luck... i just fixed that problem on my jrsc. go beneath your car, and look up at the jrsc from below... on the back there should be to outlets, they are for vacuum/boost. one line should already be hooked up, the other is for the boost guage, and if you are not using a boost guage, then put a cap on that plug and wire tie it down... that is exactly what happened to me "cylinder 3 misfire" over and over again. HOPE THIS HELPS!

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
awsome work, after you get that fixed and put the bbk on it you should get a track run on it, youd probably run very low 14s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts