Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JRSC w/BBK on my SVT, and for an intake i just have a cone filter hanging on the stock intake elbow. what are my options for an intake? I have a heat shield for a focus sport coolflo intake but the stock elbow wont work. Id rather have a CAI but am unsure of what will work with the JRSC since the angle and position of the throttle body is different than stock. Also im looking in to custom tuning and am considering an overdrive pulley, would that be pushing the JRSC too much since it has a BBK?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
WMI will be what will be recommended w/ the ODP. also, get an ORP if ur getting a custom tune! :p, i wanna see 225+ out of it! maybe more!! i think you'll hit 230+ w/ the ODP.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an ORP on it that i borrowed from a friend and it was just rediculously loud since i have the 2.5 caback from trubendz with the borla muffler and no resonator. Orp will be an option again if i can find a good resonator that will make it quiet enough to not get pulled over with it again lol. Ive considered WMI, will i need a tune with it?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
You could run the ORP and buy yourself an auger styled baffle to quiet it down. They work, are cheap, and are easy to install with very little restriction. You simply slip this into your exhaust pipe and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
where can i get one of those auger style baffles. i have a 2.5 with a race cat and it is pretty loud

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
If you do anything to the Exh or the Intake you must do a tune change as you know

I can help with all your tuning and you get FREE tune updates as you add more mods , more boost , built engine , cams what ever you do , I can take over your PC and set up yout tuning and dataloggin just like I was sitting there with you , I just datalogged a car whey he was driving down the road again just like I was sitting in the car

No other tuner offers this lever of tuning , this level of customer service

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is it not safe to run the catback i have and my ghetto short ram? I call it ghetto because i have a cone filter just hanging off the stock elbow. The car runs kinda lean when driving normal according to my wideband, but goes rich as hell when i press the gas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its the ford tune for the BBK. I figured lean while driving is normal along with rich while full throttle. The wideband is yellow when cruising then green when i get on it. I want to say it almost never goes above 11.5 when i get on it then when cruising its between 13-15 i believe

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
First that isnt a wide band air fuel gauge and thats what you need , Not insult but what you have sounds like one that connects to the stock o2 sensor ? If so isnt telling you the air fuel but what the fuel WOT target is which means nothing

You should be about 10.8 in WOT and 14.7 at cruise

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the aem uego wideband. Now that i think of it that 10.8 sounds right for wot but im not completely sure since i havent driven it in over a week, and the 14.7 falls between the 13-15 i stated. i usually just glance at it every once in a while. The colors usually just catch my eye so i know if im lean or rich or what not. At idle and cruising though it jumps around but stays in that 13-15 range but my buddies turbo'd svt does the same so im not worried about it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like i said i glance at it every now and then but the colors usually catch me. Basically i watch it enough to know how its doing, i dont eyeball it and i dont just ignore it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
You should keep an eye on the numbers not colors. Just because it's in the "color" doesn't mean it's a sage A/F ratio.
Agree , if you have # use those , dont worry so much about the idle fuel unless at steady cruise no throttle movement shouldnt be over 15.7 and always going just over and just under 14.7 as 14.7 is your target AF for the short turm fuel trims

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea. So how much hp could i expect to pick up with a custom tune? It put down 215whp and 166wtq on a dynojet and that was with a 65mm throttle body (no longer have, returned to stock one) , 2.5in catback and my ghetto short ram i mentioned before. Could i see better number by putting the stock airbox back on?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Tuning will maybe net you a few ponies, but more importantly you will be SAFE. The cost of a tune is cheaper than the cost of a new engine.

In the meantime, definitely put the stock intake back on, then drop a good filter in it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a k&n in the stock airbox so im set there. Ill probly save my custom tuning money for when i pull the jrsc off and go turbo

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes indeed!!!!

Tuning will maybe net you a few ponies, but more importantly you will be SAFE. The cost of a tune is cheaper than the cost of a new engine.

In the meantime, definitely put the stock intake back on, then drop a good filter in it.

Sent from my MB855 using FF Mobile
I was pick wrong tuner and my engine burned out the pistion ring....
Engine death.........

·
Registered
117 Posts
mine...

I got lots info from here....
Thanks who was giving me an advice....
And Tom he always give me lots advice....
My car WOT A/F is 10.6~10.8(AEM Gauge)
part T/B is 13.2~14.7~15.1
Working fine.
I got
Volant(Duct from front bumper)
RT CAT
BORLA CAT BACK SYSTEM

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I'm using a stock SVT airbox/snorkel with a K&N drop in. Best one you can get for the JRSC IMO unless you run a Volant with the old Focus Central hood like CasyE. There isn't a CAI that will work with it.

Keep in mind it was designed to be used with all stock components.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts