Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does ur average IAT's run at w/ the BBK on the zetec? I'm gonna be running a 180 degree therm, so I'm hoping that will help a little.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
would also like to know...
not to thread jack but would some form of hood ventilation actually make a discernable difference?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup it would, thats why I am asking!!! any thing to reduce heatsoak! of course the generic header wrap and CF vented hood are my 2 best bets!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i was thinking about some sort of scoop/ cowl hood contraption that would vent the heat from the blower.... I am kinda leaning toward a cowl hood idea because then i dont really have to worry about rain/snow being rammed into my engine bay....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no one?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
sorry I can't help you on the Intake temp question. For venting hood this was just a quick idea that came up I doubt it would be good in the rain but how about a hood scoop that just blows all its air right down onto the 'charger? Has soon has you start moving air would be blown right on it. It was just a quick idea that popped into my head sorry could'nt help it.

Thread jacking at its best lol

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom, do u have any idea on this???

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
ithink i may have heard about it being somewhere in the 200's but i really dont know....
mlb it looks like we are on our own......

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, o well, lol

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i think either way especially the way you are going with your build, a WMI kit is a good idea, and then IAT's arent really much of a concern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts