Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, JRSC w/BBK setup. If you do it with the BBK setup must you run the ford flash or can the entire setup including the BBK be tuned with another tuning setup?

Don't tell me to go turbo. I like to hear the whine. Don't suggest others because i am getting the setup all things included minus a new BBK flash or whatever for 1050.00. I just need to know an answer to the question above.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
yes you can get a custom tune using any software, flasher, or chip made for the zx3

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i would think that tom should be able to tune it for you with an sct tune. i head that the ford tune is super duper rich and i'm sure that any tune would work. as long as its a tune for a jrsc with a bbk.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm ok sounds good, so what tune would be i guess "optimal" for that setup.

Mind you i have a wrapped SVT header going on at the same time and a new exhaust setup.

So any preferences with it or anything?

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
just tell tom what you have and what method you want to use and he will be able to hook you up. i suggest sct so you can always upgrade to the prp if you wish.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can contact ford racing directly. I want to say the tune is like 175 bucks from them it is conservative, but safe. I "Think" you can still do that, not 100% though

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ No you have to be the original owner i had called.

I will also be going with a ODP i think it is to replace my UDP to make a bit more boost. Could be wrong i could have swore i read that.

Now i know toms is good. Is SCT the Xcal??

Im kinda new to boost. I have installed turbos before (probe made 352whp) but i need a bit of help when doing this. Found the setup couldnt pass it up. So i need help. I am not looking for something conservitive but i would like to get the most of the setup i can.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
haha, ya, I'm tryin to run 12psi of boost too!! should b fun!!

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, yeah mlb i know what ya mean lol.

Ok so i need to find an Xcal, now arent those sometimes locked if i am correct if not new. And if so would i need to find an unlocked one if i wanted to get it used?

Outside of toms are there any tunes without going custom that would make for a good tune or no?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tom would be a good route to go. Another route you can take is to find out if there are any good tuners in your area and find out what they could do tuning wise for you. I took the route of getting it custom tuned and I paid $450.00 for the tune itself. The car is so balanced now I love driving it day-by-day.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i know there is a tuning place not far from here. I went there for my first dyno just didnt know how much i am looking into for a tune to be put on it.

I honestly don't even care about multiple tunes. One will suffice for me. Cause i drive it the same daily as on the track. I guess i will need to start looking into toms or such. I just dont know how much that is going to run or if it will match or be not as good as a custom tune for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts