Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past couple months I’ve been building my wagon. It’s a 2003 with 288,000 miles. It does have some rocker rust, but the underside and subframes are fairly clean. When I got it at 271,000, it was 100% original, besides the radio and alternator.

Last July, I got a 2001 donor sedan so I pulled out the whole interior, swapped the whole wiring harness, engine interior, and the drivetrain. While the engine was out, I put on an offbrand stage 1 clutch and eBay header. The engine from the donor car had a fresh timing belt and only 107k on it. I put it back together and drove it back and forth to college until winter break.

Over that semester, I bought a wrecked 2001 ZX3 that had a kaminari body kit, shaved doors and hatch, borla exhaust, and a Jackson racing supercharger kit. The car was so badly wrecked that I had to cut the front frame rails off at the strut tower to move the engine at all.

I swapped the engine and trans overnight. I backed my wagon into the garage at about 3pm Friday, then drove it out at 11am the next day.

At first, I was very unhappy with the JRSC kit. It didn’t really feel any faster, there was little to no whine, and it just didn’t seem worth it. I went through everything from the bypass valve to maf, to even considering that the blower might be worn out. I found that the Jackson racing “black box” boost reference line was pinched. On top of that, I threw on a CFM 5.7 OD crank pulley, canned SCT tune with 14% enrichment at WOT, and a WOT box. I’ve been trying to figure out the wot box, but it’s getting there.

I ran a 16.1 at 90 mph at summit Motorsports Park. In the car, I had me(300ish lbs), 150lbs worth of subs, and a bunch of miscellaneous tools, and extra fluids.

Soon I hope to find a smaller pulley, bigger injectors, and possibly water meth injection.

I also am selling the SVT bumper to my friend and I’m planning to run another kaminari bumper and set of side skirts I found for a killer deal.

The current suspension setup is h&r coilovers in the front, then stock hatch springs in the rear. I need to buy the correct h&r shocks and springs for this car as well as replacing all the bushings.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I’m just estimating the car tipped the scales at around 3400lbs when I ran it down the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I might be a little over, but I probably have a couple hundred pounds of stuff in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.73 lambda. Stupid rich but it’s okay for now until I get bigger injectors and get a smaller upper pulley.

·
FF Affiliate
30,660 Posts
.73 lambda. Stupid rich but it’s okay for now until I get bigger injectors and get a smaller upper pulley.
Actually .74 Lambda is where you want to be so your really not that rich

Tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet. It seems pretty happy where it’s at. The only other thing that I think will throw it off a little is the EGR delete happening soon.

·
FF Affiliate
30,660 Posts
Need to log the KS and see what its doing , your load is WAY off by adding boost which changed your timing , depending on where you put the IAT etc etc

Im NOT trying to just sell you something I just know how your sitting on that fine line and how little would need to change to be mopping up an oily mess

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts