Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a Jackson racing supercharged focus. its a 2002 4 door sedan, been lowered with eibach springs, svt front facial and side skirts, ford racing exhaust. sadly the car is an automatic.

I want to make the car a bit quicker and know more about it. the supercharger has a blue pulley so im not sure if its aftermarket and smaller. also no sure if the ecu was flashed or not.

I have $1000 to put into the car to try and sqeeze some more power out of it. so how would you guys spend the money for bolt ons?

been told to do injectors,CAI,programmer,dist cap,headers,8mm wires and 65mm throttle body.

thanks

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
been told to do injectors,CAI,programmer,dist cap,headers,8mm wires and 65mm throttle body.
Injectors - No. Your stockers are fine for the JRSC.
CAI - Yes... See FSWerks.
Programmer - Yes... See FSWerks, Randy is an incredible tuner.
Distributor Cap - No, as our cars don't use one.
Header - Only 1, would be a nice add-on.
Plug Wires - Sure, why not.
65mm TB - You may get a better throttle response, little to no HP.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
From what I have heard the Svt header is the best option, you also will need to look for the svt dip stick tube for it to work.

And welcome to the sight Looks like you found yourself a nicely modded ride.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For injectors, take a look at whats in there; if they have Green plugs, they are #42's, if they are orange they are #30's, both should support the power a JRSC makes.

If you have the blue pulley you probably have the BBK kit which included SVT airbox, #30 injectors, belt, pulley and a re-flash of the ecu. I think it came with a different MAFs too.

In any case the Ford Racing Tune that came with the BBK kit works but there is room for improvement, a real tune would be beneficial. I would recommend to relocate the IAT sensor to the intake manifold with the tune (stock one is integrated into the MAF). There are a few threads on this.

A header works very well with a roots blower, it will increase power on lower boost which will decrease power loss from driving the blower and drop intake temperatures.

A larger throttle body does work quite well with a roots blower; it allows the blower to suck in the air with less resistance; you will want to port match the blower inlet to the larger bore however.

For a CAI; the SVT airbox is a CAI. It performs very well.

I wouldn't replace plug wires unless your getting a misfire or rough idle. 1 step cooler plugs could be beneficial.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much. Im still learning about the car but I feel like I picked up a car that was just thrown together and I tried going around toledo ohio to get her tuned but these little shops around here only want to tune and mess with foreign cars they told me they dont touch focuses so Im kind of lost.

·
Registered
158 Posts
for tuning there are remote tune options. You'll need an Xcal2 or Xcal3 to datalog and flash the ecu, and a wideband for remote tuning

you should post up some pics of the engine bay.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
here is what i would do.

1.) wrapped SVT header kit w/ ORP if you can or HFC cause you have emissions. -450 bucks

2.) tb, as mentioned they actually do you well on the JRSC, used costs about 150.

3.) cold air intake, used about 150 ish.

4.) if you don't have an exhuast, then i would go w/ it, but if u do, ur fine.

5.) lastly, if you get those mods, you will NEED a tune. depends what ur local tuner will charge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea she has borla exhaust on her someone actually told me about the obx header???? Im willing to throw the money into her I just need to know the right things okay your located in detroit Im in toledo ohio any good tuning places up there all the ones down here wont touch my focus.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
not that i know of. the closest to you is gonna be mcnews automotive. i think they are in pensylvania.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
they do in detroit, alot of times on woodward

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
First you need to see what Injectors you already have , You have been givin some bad advise and you 100% need larger then stock Inj , I would start with what you do have to keep the engine safe and make the best power with what you have
Then what could you add to make more safe power

I offer a remote tune for 550.00 with this you get FREE updates reguardless of what you change on your Focus , No other company offers this

What header do you have
What Throttle body do you have
What Exh do you have
What Injectors , either say the color if black the # off the sides

Need more info on what you have exactly to better help with whats needed

Tom

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
look at the injectors first and tell us what color they are.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would recommend Tom (1turbofocus) for tuning the JRSC and then talk to Aaron at Pure Tuning on Secor Road in Toledo to dyno and dial it in.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Idk what these guys who are sorta by me are good for, but I have seen some sweet cars at a local car show. They are called extreme performance located in North Ridgeville Ohio. about an hour or so away from you Might wanna check them out

·
Registered
534 Posts
Aaron from Pure is a good Honda guy. Have you talked with the guys from Accelerated on Tremainsville Rd? They are cool, and will shoot the breeze about anything. Take your car to them, they'll come out and look at it. Post up on ToledoTuners.com. It's a bunch of rice kids, but there are some good motor heads on there that will pick you up and advise what they can as far as shops in the area. But does sound like you need a good remote tune.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts