1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far can i drive or can i drive after installing on a 2.0 zetec engine:

2.4" pulley for JRSC with BBK
Air temp relocation after SC

im going to be installing these soon and need to know if i can drive the tuners or if i need to get a tow truck.

The car will be going in for a complete retune and the cams will be dialed in at the same time.

any suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The PCM will be pulling so much timing with the ACT sensor in the manifold that you probably could drive it as-is, but if you have an X-Cal or Predator, definitely ask if they can provide a base tune for you.

I drove 3 hours on a base tune to get dyno tuned without a problem, and the base tune didn't even account for the relocated ACT sensor. As long as you stay out of boost, there isn't much difference in how the engine operates since the bypass valve is open. The PCM will just think it's a really hot day outside. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay,

i may have forgotten to mention it is already tuned for a JRSC BBK Zetec.

as in its tuned for 6.5PSI.

should i still tow?

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
If the only change is the pulley and ACT sensor, you can drive it. Just stay out of boost... take your time accelerating, no wide-open throttle and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
You could also remove the hose from the bypass actuator and plug it. It won't boost at all no matter how hard you mash the gas.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know the guys where the car is going to get tuned at so i might just install it at the workshop myself.
cheers all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts