I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
okay guys. as the title says im having a bit of a dilemma right now. i bought a JRSC last november with plans to throw it on my zx3. the zx3 would go down for however long it takes to do a motor swap. the new motor will have a forged bottom end, new bearings, ARP everything, FRPP head with bigger valves and anything else you could think of to make a bullet proof engine that can take 500whp. the plan was to build a complete second engine, bolt the JRSC to it and then do an engine swap. run a crap ton of nitrous to it and see if i can hit 400whp with it. eventually the JRSC was coming off for a turbo setup. well i stumbled across a deal on a SVT a few weeks ago that i couldnt pass up. well my plans changed slightly. now i have something to do with the JRSC after it comes off the zx3. instead of trying to sell it i can put it on the SVT and have a pretty freakin peppy daily driver. well it ended up blowing the head gasket on the way home from buying it and right now the head is off the car waiting for me to have time to put everything back together. you guys know its alot easier to get a S/C on there by bolting it up with the head off and then putting the whole shebang on there at once. it would be so easy to go ahead and throw the JRSC at the SVT NOW instead of waiting the several months that it will take for me to amass all the parts i need for the ZX3 build. im just torn between doing it now with the SVT or waiting to put it on the ZX3. what do you think i should do? i know it wont make a whole lot of power. i only expect 220whp at the absolute most. and i will not be throwing any nitrous to it whatsoever. the car will be a daily driver and will see maybe 5 trips to the track this year if even that. i also know that i need to get the ports on the IM matched to the ports on the SVT head which isnt a big deal. i already have injectors i can use for it and i even have a Xcal2 that came with the car. there is absolutely nothing stopping me from doing it now. the only question is whether or not i SHOULD. the ZX3 is still getting built either way and will be getting turbo and it might actually happen sooner. the ZX3 will probably turn into the play toy that spends most of its time at the track and only occasionally gets driven on the streets and the SVT will be left completely alone other than the JRSC. im not even putting aftermarket exhaust on it. opinions? oh and if there is anything else im forgetting about that would need to be done to bolt a ZX3 JRSC up to a SVT that would be nice to know too. [hihi] all i can think of is port matching the IM to the head. obviously will have to run a 65mm TB for a standard zetec which i already have. ill probably put the SVT IM and TB on the ZX3 and use the MSD rpm window switch to operate the DSIM. otherwise i can put the stock TB back on the ZX3 for the mean time. i dont know what i should do guys. somebody sway me one way or another!