Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
LHT customizes the intake manifold, very effective but I'd imagine not cheap at all. I don't know of anyone who has added an intercooler to the JRSC on an SVT. It's compact design makes it difficult to make one for it. You could I suppose sandwich a cooler between the blower and the manifold but I don't know where you'd find one. If I were you, I'd install the JRSC, get the boost upgrade and drive it, it may produce all the power you'll want.

You can do Meth injection but you have to have a special tune for it and constantly keep the tank full and while is effective at cooling, isn't cost effective for a daily driver.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could I suppose sandwich a cooler between the blower and the manifold but I don't know where you'd find one. If I were you, I'd install the JRSC, get the boost upgrade and drive it, it may produce all the power you'll want.

yes i think you are right !

i am looking for a cooler, to low down the intake temps.
safetey first [race] [:D]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
^^^ wont work on a focus.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
That would possibly fit on your car....but you would be cooling the air before it goes into the supercharger which is where the heat is made, you need something that cools it after it comes out of the supercharger. The way LHT does there is probably the only real way to do it and if you can find a shop that would do that it would work and probably work really well, but you may spend more on that than you did on the supercharger kit its self.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
the only real cost effective way is water methanol injection...... how much you use depends on how it is set up and how you drive really..

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
No it cools a chamber around the intake. Feasible that would work but again it's cooling before the supercharger. Still that could make a difference as the cooler the air going in is, the cooler it will be coming out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
give it a shot, if anything else its a conversation peace when you open the hood. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts