Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it seem to be one problem after another with the JRSC kit that i have been piecing together for the past how knows how long. anyways the problem that i am running into now it with the belt length. the instructions say that i need a belt that is 104.5 but my parts store for some reason cannot order one. but even more issues then that is i have a belt on there now that is 106.5, i know that's to long but it is the only belt that i can get to fit. i bought a 105.5 and tired installing it but when i get it on it is super tight and it hits on the tensioner. so i don't know what to do i know that i need a smaller belt because i think that the larger belt is causing belt slip and i am not getting the full boost i should be. i have tried routing the belt different ways to make it fit but i cannot get it to clear the tensioner with the 105.5 belt and that is still an inch longer then what the instructions call for.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the stock pulley and the new style style bracket.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree.. but even if i were to get the right sized belt it would not fit. if i am having trouble getting a 105.5 to fit how am i going to get a 104.5 to fit?

i have went over everything and nothing is installed backwards so i dont have a clue what i should do..

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I had a similar issue when I had my JRSC on my SVT. 105.5 was too tight and the 106.5 was just a tiny bit too slack and would slip.

What you should try is a Gates belt that they sell at NAPA. I paired this with a new tensioner and never had a problem again.

The belt is 106 3/8" and is fleet duty strength. It won't stretch and lasts forever. Believe it or not, that tiny bit smaller makes all the difference.

Gates V-Line Belt
106 3/8
25-061058 HD

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Btw- that last number is the part number at NAPA.

I ran the gamut on belts - trust me. This will most likely be the one you want. Just be forewarned that its green, lol. I thought it looked cool.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just looked at the package for the belt that i have installed on there now and it says 106 3/8 but it is not a gates belt.. so i will try theirs and see if i have any luck. thanks for the help.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
How many miles are on the car? You might need a new tensioner as well. They are relatively inexpensive.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just put a new one on when I installed the supercharger..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts