Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all'. I'm a relatively new SVT owner, and I'm about to have a JRSC+BBK kit installed. I'm wondering, what other mods SHOULD I do to ensure that my car continues to be reliable, and durable, for the long haul? (I don't "track" or "drag" the car--I just enjoy spirited daily-driving[:D] !)

·
Registered
298 Posts
None. The Ford racing tune seems to be ok and definately better than the black box the comes with the standard JRSC

·
Registered
298 Posts
None. The Ford racing tune seems to be ok and definately better than the black box the comes with the standard JRSC

·
Registered
278 Posts
you dont need anything else. but a nice exhaust would help with power

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Get 1 step colder Motorcraft plugs and maybe change the belt tensioner while you have everything apart.
It sucks to have everything done and find that the belt is slipping due to the tensioner not applying enough pressure.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You might also want to get a 180 thermostat and change out your antifreeze while your at it.
I used Zerex G-05(gold jug) and Hy-per Lube Super Coolant at a 50/50 mixture with distilled water.
I only used about little over half the Hy-per Lube since it says the bottle is good for 12 quarts and the Focus cooling system is only 6 quarts.

My engine temps have definitely been kept cooler after doing this maintenance.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go to a 50/50 coolant water mix with Redline Water Wetter. Also get the 180* thermostat. Go ahead and change your timing belt while your in there, as well as the idlers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your input. I'll certainly take your advice into serious consideration. I'll post the outcome of the install' sometime in the near future!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts