Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JRSC BBK worries/questions HELP

Ok so i installed my JRSC BBK about a week ago....mods are FS cool flo intake,65mm throttle body,screamin demon coil & live wires,ORP,hks exhaust.....Is there a break in period for the jrsc??? im guessing ive put close to 500 miles on it or in the next 100 miles i have....i am using waynes tune and so far its felt pretty good....the idle is very good....my gas mileage is another thing tho, from a FULL tank to half a tank i only have been getting 110 miles!!! and keep in mind thats %80 driving in vacumn i havent been that agressive on it yet in boost....well also because i still have the stock clutch and flywheel so im not trying to burn that up lol......But i just need some input on why my gas mileage is so bad....today i might drop off my car at my parents and send in my ecu to get the stock ecu reflash from ford racing and put in my stock cat because my exhaust is annoying at times lol....Do u think those 2 factors will increase my gas mileage?? Also to jrsc bbk owners....when your sitting lets say at 2 1/2 rpm's and u PUNCH at at WOT does it hesitate for a second then scream into boost? because my car seems to hesitate for a second then go....is this the tune? or supercharger kicking in? i need help :(

·
Registered
666 Posts
I responded in SVT Chat. Get a wideband...mail order tunes...well, I wont go into it. Lets just say; my mail order tune had me around 14.5 at WOT in NA form. I had fine tuning done by Ray and Tom on the dyno (tom was assiting on the phone) and I feel MUCH better.

I cant fathom creating a tune with no dyno....especially for FI, thats just asking for trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts