Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my bbk in today and i have to get my ecu out anyone got any pics or can tell me how to get it out i tried for a couple mins but im gonna wait and do it later. i can slide it up and down but i dont see how its gonna come outta the bracket its in.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Be sure the battery has been disconected before you attempt to remove the ECU. The instructions make it sound so easy but you must be careful that you don`t snag a wire when trying to slide it out, work it slowly. It has been two years since I did this so don`t recall exactly what I did, I just remember it was not as easy as it sounds in the instructions. Sorry I could not more helpful.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well heres the trouble i didnt get any instructions unless they are hiden somewhere my kit didnt come with any!!! so im in the dark here

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
It's really not hard.
I've done it 10+ times.

After loosening the bolt, pull the connector off, pull down slowly and make sure no wires are snagging on the ECU/PCM and it will just slide out.
You will need to pull a little to get it out of the plastic frame that's holding it in.

Use THIS as a guide to remove it.

Once you get the ECU/PCM out, just send in as-is untampered.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also, if you have non-stock wheel/tire size installed or plan on upgrading soon make sure to note that on your ECU sheet so your speedometer is correct with the non-stock tires.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it out after looking at it and messing around i took the bolt off and slid it out. no problem. and what ecu sheet?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Oops.
Noticed you have the SVTF BBK.

I believe you should have received a simular form(like the one I posted for standard Focus BBK) to fill out if you have to send the ECU back to them for a tune/reflash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts