Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment next Monday to get my car painted. I have a CD Silver 01 ZX3 that is getting tutoned. I'm adding a SVT spoiler and painting the roof (between the moldings), spoiler and mirror covers True Blue. True Blue (dark blue) is a Ford Color and is a very dark blue. The 01 Bullitt Mustang was available in that color as well as the 2005 Harley Davidson F-250.

I am replaceing the roof moldings, 3rd brake light, rear brake lights and antenna. Any other ideas while I'm there?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Color match the side mouldings and maybe the door handles, mirrors...... it's an idea.

Can't wait to see some pics, definitely post them up when you get the car back. Are you painting the hood also (so the whole center of the car) is the same blue with the sides grey or no?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the roof, from windsheild to back glass including the spoiler. I am also having the stock ZX3 mirror covers painted true blue. I just replaced the black body side moldings with body color moldings. I will definately post pics when I get it back!

I'm hoping for a suttle tutone, that doesnt scream Rice!

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Maybe do the center of the hood too? Just an idea, seems to be a popular idea though...

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
BTW, I have an 05 Zx3 and it's in the shop right now having the roof done as well except I am also doing down the center of the hood. It is CD silver and I am using a carbon black for the center and roof and using a chameleon paint to border the two.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ahh, I am a bit partial for the two toned roof painting!! hahah Cant wait to see pics.

Chris

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scottdurand said:
I am interested in buying you old black body molding if you still have it?
I still have them, they are sitting in the floor of my garage. What would you do with them?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
focus_guy_03 said:
Maybe do the center of the hood too? Just an idea, seems to be a popular idea though...

Mike
Thought about it and have plenty of paint (1 qt). I may talk with the painter about it. I was really holding out for a carbon fibre hood in the future... [;)]

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
ITLRUN said:
I was really holding out for a carbon fibre hood in the future... [;)]
Well, if you decide to go this route, then I would have to say wait to do that and paint the sides of the cf hood silver to match the body color of the car, that would look even better [thumb]. Just my $0.02 though.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
My car is sanded and ready to go. It will be Cd silver with black carbon with red/blue pearl in it on the roof center and down the center of the hood. I'll post some pics next week. My gunmetal with polished lip 17" Rota slipstreams are arriving monday as well so i'll start shaping up soon.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Just getting the roof done I take it? Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its back! The roof looks awesome! The paint turned out very very nice. The guy did an awesome job and I couldn't be more pleased.

However, having said that... I'm not real happy with the mirror covers. I had them painted true blue also and I'm not "feeling" them. They just didnt do it for me like I had hoped that they would. I had sort of envisioned the whole Mini Cooper kind of look, it didn't work (HHAHAHA) I will do one of two things. 1) Repaint them silver or 2) Repaint them with some black trim paint.

The car is filthy and has tons of body shop funk all over it. It never fails that you get a bunch of dust and muck everywhere. Inside and Out. I'll try to sneak down and wash it this afternoon and post pics these evening.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well.. The car is washed (God, I love my job!), but it really needs to be detailed. I will install new roof moldings and get some pics this evening.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts