Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally got my car back after a week in the shop, sorry for the bad picture its from my phone. Going to clean the car and do a small photo shoot tonight so I will have more up.

Cant wait for the rest of the kit!! Should I be worried about not running with a splash guard? I have the Steeda RAI that sits up in my bay and has a shield on the bottom of it so I believe I am safe there, I drove all yesterday in the rain no problem. Anything else that could get damaged?? [???:)]

More to come!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i don't know looks good though

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
nice do u have a slight mark or like extra urathane on the drivers side of the bumper because a friend go one put on his 05 and it has a marking on the drivers side from when the molded it

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cruzstyle said:
nice do u have a slight mark or like extra urathane on the drivers side of the bumper because a friend go one put on his 05 and it has a marking on the drivers side from when the molded it
If it was there they sanded it down before they painted it. Where they lined it up with my wheel well it istn 100% even it sits a little funny. Its not even with the rest of the fender lip. Not sure if it was bad mounting or flaw in the mold, but other then that it came out good.

I am fabbin up some braces to mount under my radiator to make the front of the bumper more secure and not just hanging there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSnedSi said:
is that the f2 bumper?
It is the RS standard bumper and yes I got it from F2focus.com

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here they are been raining all night but here are some better pictures!

Its killing me now Eibach springs, and SVT dampers in the week to come but I want the rst of the kit and some rims!! [mad]

Damn camera... I need a better one. [:(] Might snap a few more tomorrow in the day light.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scorpio1118_2000 said:
Not a fan of the 05/06s but the bumper makes it look much better good job.
The 05 definatly had to grow on me, thanks everyone for the replys! Dropping it with the eibach springs and then looking to get the rear bumper as soon as I can save the cash! [:D]

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
hey how much lower is the front bumper??? im considering eventually getting one, but im already lowered with sportlines and if its too low then i'll just skip it...
i love the look tho.....
why does Europe always have to get the good stuff???

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honestly its only looks to hang about an inch or so lower then the side skirts but from stock its maybe 2in? I never really payed that much attention now I have the SVT springs on and I am very careful with how I enter places and driveways I have even scraped a few times already even takin it slow.

In a week or two I am trading my SVT springs for eibach springs that will drop it about 1.5in that might be interesting gettin around especially where I am.

If I get them on before you buy the bumper I will take some good pics for you and try to help you out. Buy no matter what I love the bumper!

·
Registered
527 Posts
that looks hot. so if you dont want the full on wide body kit from f2 do you just not get the fender flares and just put on the bumpers and skirts? and whats the difference in the 00-04 and the 05- kits it looks like the 05- have more pieces. just wondering if anyone knew since it was kinda on subject.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
it is just over an hour (speed limit)
and i am planning on it.. when i bought i was busy and wasnt going to be able to pick it up for a lil while.. but i am going out that way next week any way.. i tried to call them..but i called too late, they are only open mon-fri...9-5 i am going to try and call them tomaro to ask if they will give me my $80 back if i go pick it up.. i hope they are cool like that!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As far as I know.. or believe the widebody bumpers come out wider on the front and back thus being the reason why you need the fender flares.

The 04 and 05 are the same just molded to fit the different years should be all the same # of parts.

Yes grill insert was shipped as part of the bumper, not sure if the screws my bodyshop used to secure it were included but they look to just be small SS screws if they arent included.

Hope the helps you all, I am going to look and see if I have a stock height picture that I can compare to the new bumper if not I will go take a picture of my friends car with like coke bottle and then my new bumper to show difference. Also in those pictures I have SVT springs in a week or two I will have pictures with Eibach 1.5 springs.

Fl3tCh: sorry those pictures will have to come tomorrow today was a long say, mothers day and all and me and a freind were running all over tonight looking at a couple mustangs were trying to buy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts