Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just got an offer to buy two 12 inch JL Audio W6 subwoofers from a guy my friend knows in a sealed box for 100 bux. Is this a good deal? I havent actually seen or heard the subs yet so im not sure if there is ne thing rong wit them. But i had previously bin planning on buying 2 12 inch MTX Thunder8000s but i then realized that im dangerously low on funds. My current setup has my brothers old 12 inch pioneers in a sealed box. Do u think i shud upgrade to the JL Audios or just wait and get the MTX?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Batman said:
Hey i just got an offer to buy two 12 inch JL Audio W6 subwoofers from a guy my friend knows in a sealed box for 100 bux. Is this a good deal? I havent actually seen or heard the subs yet so im not sure if there is ne thing rong wit them. But i had previously bin planning on buying 2 12 inch MTX Thunder8000s but i then realized that im dangerously low on funds. My current setup has my brothers old 12 inch pioneers in a sealed box. Do u think i shud upgrade to the JL Audios or just wait and get the MTX?

2 W6's for 100$ that sounds to good to be true that sounds like W0's to me check on that.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Sounds like you had an amazing deal dropped in your lap.

If everything checks out, I would totally go for it.

Crazy Matt

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I was just pricing JL Audio subs the other day - if he's got what he says he's got, then hell yeah I'd take that deal. That's two subs plus a box for less than the cost of one new sub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i wuz checkin out the prices online too and it seems like a great deal. Im wondering if there is anything rong wit them. I havent talked to the guy about it yet but im pretty sure as long as they r in good condition ill buy them. Thanx for ur input.

·
Registered
348 Posts
even if it was W0's with a box its still a great deal i would do it in a heartbeat.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
sounds pretty good to me too, i've heard nothing bad about any of jl subs. if you look at the specs of the jl w6 they're better than most of mtx's subs. i would take that over pretty much any mtx sub(s) for that price in my opinion.

- Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts