Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebay Item: 8074257652

Has anyone bought these before? I want to get them since they will match my headlights better once i paint them...I'm going for a black&blue themed car. Trying to find black rims as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Those look a lot like mine

After I painted the HID's, but not as good an angle

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would suggest simply nightshading the entire side marker... Not because of the blackness but because I wouldnt be able to stand seeing the holder and the bulb. A friend of mine has those on his f-150 and I think they look simply ridiculous..imo anyways.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i went out and got some do-it-yourself tints, 5% i believe, and tinted em..it looks pretty good..ill have pics tommorrow if i get my car outta the shop

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
They are decent looking but I've yet to hear of any clear corners that didn't develop a 'fogging' moisture issue....

Personally I prefer the nightshade look myself.....

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear that, the ones I have fogged up after 1 and a half years....not too bad I guess.... but if they do it again I'll just open them up and reseal them.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and to be honest I dont really like the look of night shading.... I'm a serious perfectionist (its fricking annoying!!!! but its my personality lol) so if something doesnt look uniform or perfect, in which most cases nightshade doesnt, then I won't like it...

haha I'm so anal retentive

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I like this right here, two coats of black spray enamel, looks awesome. Sonic, I'm obsessive compulsive too, and I love the way this came out.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
S2 said:
They are decent looking but I've yet to hear of any clear corners that didn't develop a 'fogging' moisture issue....

Personally I prefer the nightshade look myself.....
My clear corners never had problems with moisture

·
Registered
279 Posts
You could also do the static cling tint. I did this with 20%, and I like the way it looks. Better than niteshades IMO. I have pics in the gallery.

BTW, I'm a perfectionist as well. I'm super picky about how my detail work looks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
jr. psychologist... are those the "smoked" lights? I ordered those off of ebay and they sent me clears instead. trying to decide if it's worth the hassle of sending them back. But if they look like that, i'll put them in the mail today! Those are HOT.

I've heard you can buy turns signal bulbs with crome on the tip to hide the yellow.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haven't heard of those, I'm gonna try to find silverstar turn signal blubs for the corners, I've got the headlight bulbs and the turn signal bulbs in my headlights.

·
Registered
93 Posts
jr_psychologist -

How'd you paint your HID's???

·
Registered
571 Posts
Okay, I got these in the mail yesterday. Havent gotten a chance to install them, but I will when I get a few hours, maybe tuesday.

They seem to be pretty decent to me. Not sure if two pieces of plastic is worth 40 bones, but I think they look pretty good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts