Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the James Barone Racing Rear Motor Mount with the 88a today. It'll w be here Friday, then ill put it on right after I get home from work that night and give you guys a nice review of it, vibrations, when they settle down, difference, all that. Cant wait!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I've had the mount on for a week, and have driven over 1200 miles since its been installed.

So far im in love with it. Yes there were some hard vibrations after the intitial startup, but once you drove around abit they started to die down. You can really tell how cheap the interior is by some rattling in places you wouldnt think thered be, but that also dies down to a very faint rattle, and only on take off.

Let me give you a breakdown after the break in period.
Startup:couple decent rough vibes.
Idle:Cute little rumble from the car, more of a slight back massage than anything.
Takeoff: By far the worst vibration zone. 1200-1400 you really feel the difference in the vibes. Are they a deal breaker? No, because how often are you in that zone?
1600-2000: Slightly increased vibes.
2000+: Smooth, non existent.

Consensus: Should everyone go out and buy one? No. But if you're looking to lose the 1st-2nd bang, and have shifts be a bit smoother, I think you should be able to deal with some extra vibrations. Especially if you're like me and love to actually "feel" your car. Overall, I dont think any RMM for $100 is worth it, as Ford should have dealt with the problem, but this one eases my mind. And its not too bad since it was a 15 minute install. Longest part was taking off the stupid felt contraption under the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts