Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything out there stronger than this or can hold up to a higher temp? 600 is the limit with JB Weld. I tried fix my EGR tube with it & it just melted right off ha.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
^^lol, yeah you may be screwed and may have to get a new one, i know jb weld seems like it would work but in the end its kind of like fixing something with duct tape, it will eventually just fall apart.

·
Registered
584 Posts
epoxy-steel putty.
Your local auto parts place should have it. Get the single use that comes in a tube shape, which you mash up like play-doh to activate. It's cheap, ugly, and doesn't even understand the concept of letting go. It might be a little tricky to get a seal on plastic, but it's worth a shot.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
jus do it rite and get a new one dude. no half assin or half of half assin which is like 1/4 assin it.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
if its ur whole tube then yea get a new one if its the 90 degree elbow then i know oreileys sells them for like 10 bucks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have a 90 degree elbow buddy lol.. it's one piece.. the dealer wants 50 bucks lol..and i wanna cheap fix right now that'll stop the leak. It's effin up my air:fuel ratio and gas mileage and sounds like ass. I'm currently tryin to sell parts right now to pay for a new one. Ha

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iono if a lot of places can weld aluminum.

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
i've used jb weld to fix a broken water pump and it lasted for at least 50K miles... good stuff.

In your case I'd buckle down and buy the $50 part.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
iono if a lot of places can weld aluminum.
I would think getting the EGR tube welded will cost more than just getting a new one, but I am not 100% sure so I guess it leaves the option open. Ive never looked at the egr tube in great detail but it seems really thin so youll want to find a welder who knows what he is doing or he will burn right through it and put a bunch of slag into the tube and block it up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think getting the EGR tube welded will cost more than just getting a new one, but I am not 100% sure so I guess it leaves the option open. Ive never looked at the egr tube in great detail but it seems really thin so youll want to find a welder who knows what he is doing or he will burn right through it and put a bunch of slag into the tube and block it up.
going with a new one. Thanks for the help guys. I just gotta sell the parts i have to save up for the new EGR tube. >.<

1 - 12 of 12 Posts