Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say hello to Jawbreaker. She's a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback in red candy metallic with standard Ti rims and the navigation option. Time between order and pick was five weeks.

I purchased through Wade Ford of Atlanta. The salesman didn't know anything about the product, and the credit manager did not warm the cockles of my heart, but overall it was a good experience. They failed to provide me with the cargo net I purchased with the car. The salesman said they'd ship it to me, but the sales manager said it'd be ready for pickup in a few days. Similarly, when I asked about the plates, the salesman said they'd ship it to me but the credit manager said I'd have to pick them up. Ooookay.

I've definitely experienced some low speed issues with the tranny, but it's far too early to think it's anything other than just breaking in. I used navigation once and it worked well. My experience with the tech is going as expected: MFT has been on the slow side (particularly when entering the vehicle) and the sync lady has been finicky (and fell asleep on me once -- hey lady, I'm still taaaaaalkin here!). Still very cool stuff.

I so far haven't been able to get the Ti enclosed "mechanical blade" fob key (the hard, physical key) to work. Is there some trick I'm missing? It inserts into the keyhole but it doesn't unlock the door or turn.

Anyhow, I'm a happy new Focus owner. Thanks to everyone here whose helpful posts made it easy for me to figure out I would like this car.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I've had my 6 speed Auto Focus now for about 3 weeks and 1300 miles. The transmission took about 1000 miles to break in/learn and is much smoother shifting now, so just give yours some time. So why do you call yours Jawbreaker?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So why do you call yours Jawbreaker?
1. It kind of looks like the color of an atomic fireball jawbreaker.
2. I needed a name for SyncMyRide.
3. It looks so cool you'll break your jaw when it hits the floor.
4. The rims look like Jaws' teeth from Moonraker.
5. It's the first name I thought of.

Yeah, I dunno. I don't normally name cars and gave it a shot. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very nice purchase (nothing to do with it being the same colour I purchased)!

Seeing those classy 15-spoke 17" wheels makes me miss mine already (I'm rockin' 15" Ford Windstar wheels for the winter tires I threw on this weekend - haha)! Can't believe I have to wait until April or so to see those 17"s back on my baby again!

I named mine MoFoFo :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice purchase (nothing to do with it being the same colour I purchased)!

Seeing those classy 15-spoke 17" wheels makes me miss mine already (I'm rockin' 15" Ford Windstar wheels for the winter tires I threw on this weekend - haha)! Can't believe I have to wait until April or so to see those 17"s back on my baby again!

I named mine MoFoFo :)
"MoFoFo" hahaha, i love it!
"Jawbreaker" is cool too.
not sure what to name mine yet. maybe when she comes back from tinting and striping it'll get the imagination going.

very pretty colors :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
I usually don't name my cars, but I refer to my Sterling Grey hatchback as Darth. Because that front reminds me of Darth Vaders face/helmet. [:D]

·
Registered
51 Posts
That Candy Red is very pretty! I really like it. But my last car (Nissan Altima Coupe) was red and I wanted something different, so I went with the sgm.

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome to the site, very nice car. [cheers] also, neat name. named mine se7en, just cause i like the number.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Heh, My 2011 Fiesta I traded in for the Focus was the Red Candy. It is a nice color. Got quite a few compliments on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys.

The sterling gray was my alternate pick, really nice color. I ultimately went with candy red because most of the other cars on my block are gray and I'd rather stand out. ;)

I thought about upgrading the rims, but the standard Ti spokes grew on me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought this car using x-plan -- I signed up for membership with EAA, just $40, and in return I get a no hassle purchase. (And a subscription to a weird magazine for airplane enthusiasts.) I've read a number of threads where people say they got a better deal than x-plan, but before you come to that conclusion, make sure to add the documentation fees into your calculations. At my dealership, I would have paid $600 in doc fees, as opposed to the $100 I paid on x-plan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought this car using x-plan -- I signed up for membership with EAA, just $40, and in return I get a no hassle purchase. (And a subscription to a weird magazine for airplane enthusiasts.) I've read a number of threads where people say they got a better deal than x-plan, but before you come to that conclusion, make sure to add the documentation fees into your calculations. At my dealership, I would have paid $600 in doc fees, as opposed to the $100 I paid on x-plan.
Good catch ... because I'm not sure everyone includes those fees too.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Eric, great looking ride. If you decide to tint windows, check out "Solar Works", 11230 Alpharetta Highway , Suite 111, Roswell, GA 30076. See Keith. I have NO financial interest at all. Keith has tinted all of my cars, and simply does a great job for a great price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have state Farm Bureau insurance, you might have been eligible for an additional $500 off the purchase price.

I'm using X-plan, available rebates, the mailed brochure $500 and my Farm Bureau insurance $500. X-plan took the dealer doc fee from $395 to $75 as well. The dealer and I figured all this up while I was sitting there and told me to request the brochure to get that $500 certificate.

I just hope the rebates are still really good when my car finally shows up. The factory accepted and pulled my order for manufacturing last week.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you have state Farm Bureau insurance, you might have been eligible for an additional $500 off the purchase price.

I'm using X-plan, available rebates, the mailed brochure $500 and my Farm Bureau insurance $500. X-plan took the dealer doc fee from $395 to $75 as well. The dealer and I figured all this up while I was sitting there and told me to request the brochure to get that $500 certificate.

I just hope the rebates are still really good when my car finally shows up. The factory accepted and pulled my order for manufacturing last week.
Don't know if this the same offer, but the farm bureau discount dosn't seem to combine with much of anything.
Program #33466: $500 Bonus Cash offer exclusively for active Michigan, Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee Farm Bureau members who are residents of the United States. Offer is valid from 1/4/2011 through 1/3/2012 for the purchase or lease of a new eligible 2010/2011/2012 model year Ford or Lincoln vehicle excluding Mustang Shelby GT/GT500, Edge SE AWD, F-150 Raptor and Taurus SE. This offer may not be used in conjunction with other Ford Motor Company private incentives or AXZD-Plans. Some customer and purchase eligibility restrictions apply. You must be an eligible Farm Bureau member for at least 60 consecutive days and must show proof of membership. Limit one $500 Bonus Cash offer per vehicle purchase or lease. Limit of five new eligible vehicle purchases or leases per Association member during program period. See your Ford or Lincoln Dealer for complete details and qualifications.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks, guys.

The sterling gray was my alternate pick, really nice color. I ultimately went with candy red because most of the other cars on my block are gray and I'd rather stand out. ;)

I thought about upgrading the rims, but the standard Ti spokes grew on me.
Welcome!! Nice car and I like the candy metallics as well, we got blue, and we wanted to stand out from the crowd as well!

Hope you have a great time in ur new ride!

BTW, the sales guys still hang on to the old tradition of only getting to know the "high end", expensive models so they can try to impress those buyers...too bad for them, as the Focus is now a high end car, with savvy buyers who want to a competent sales man!

Thanks for the pics, enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I detailed my car last weekend and took a closer look at the pronounced gap surrounding the rear window. Previously I just assumed that was just the design, but this time I found what looks like a small piece of rubber seal in one section of the left side.

Is there supposed to be a rubber seal around the hatch glass? What do you guys have there? It looks like they started installing a seal and it got caught in something on the assembly line and ripped out. Anyhow, the corresponding right side does not have any rubber:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Scriptorum, I just walked outside to check my Ti hatch in the same areas. Didn't see anything with the hatch shut, but when I opened it and was able to look sideways into the gap between glass and metal, I saw a piece of rubber on each side, about 1.25" long, in the exact same spot where yours is. On my car, it sticks out very slightly on the right side but not at all on the left side. So that's the opposite of yours.

Try opening the hatch and check again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts