Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The son of Jerry Falwell lies even more..........it's not about God, rather the bottom line. From the 'Christian' that owns a drughouse/hotel and frequents party bars (but you didn't see him).........

·
Grey Friar
903 Posts
It a real shame how badly freedom of speech and freedom of religion mix. In America we can't stop a guy from saying "give me a thousand dollars and God will make you rich", and we can't stop preachers from mixing secular political strategies with personal interpretation of scripture (even though Jesus said not to, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's", Matthew 22:21), because both are protected by amendments. We can't keep disingenuous clergy from lying and falsely representing what "God wants", unless we can prove fraud or liable... something that's hard to do, whether or not mass emotions and huge social ramifications are involved. The "state" can't go in and close his church, because of amendments.

I have a cousin who is the pastor of a church in Missouri. He is a Biblical scholar, and historian of the Biblical period... a true believer, saved by grace. He is following the mandates of the state he lives in, although, his own beliefs are that God's Will will be done, regardless, and that God chooses "the day and the hour", and we can't avoid it. Thus, his perspective is that believers are either protected for a while longer (perhaps, to accomplish something consistent with God's will), or they are accepted into the presence of God... death being the one true inevitability, at some point, and not something to fear. He could play "his own cards" with his congregation, but he knows that would be nothing more than a sinful vanity, so he does his services on-line (through FB, for commonality and ease of use). His donations are down, but he's not in it to get wealth for himself. I wish there was a legal vehicle to rid ourselves of greedy, self-righteous, pigs like Falwell (and Robertson). All they do is contribute to making Christian beliefs (and religion in general) look like a fools shell-game, while doing nothing positive for anybody, but themselves.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wait, a school with 16,000 students had 11 exhibiting the vague symptoms of the globalvirus (presumably generic cough or fever)? Shocking!! And after the NYT article ran, one person actually tested positive.

So this is a manufactured crisis, a smear job on someone the powers that be, media and government, don't like because he's being a buzzkill for the "pandemic" theatre. And of course the facts are really tepid here. I'm not any fan of Falwell, but the anti-Christian agenda seems pretty obvious here.

·
Registered
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am Christian.................I resent those that claim to be but don't walk the walk. Like those who adore Trump and claim he is God's warrior. Forgotten the pre-lesson of the Anti-Christ they have. Falwell's father was nothing like the son and you see that happen so much if you are around church people, the son almost always goes awry. Falwell overpowered his sister in the ensuing power struggle after dad died and seems to have won now, he holds all Falwell power.

Much more on him besides just smear................facts run out of the woodwork if you look. Check out stories on his wife and risque pictures of her, the driving power behind him. Check out his son running that hotel, they allow drugs in it claiming to rehab but nobody gets cured including the son. Ask questions about the gay action there. Ask the son HIMSELF. Falwell claimed people photoshopped his face onto the pic of him at the party scene and whined Trump into loaning Michael Cohen to 'correct' the wife pic matter, Cohen admitted to doing the work. Problem was, other people saw Falwell there at the party that night and said so too. There are other Christian pastors that loathe Falwell for what he is and what he has done to father's legacy. Like bump up price of college there by 300%. It's nothing but all about the money to him. Why he is so desperate to get the school back open.

Only a Christian who is a fool would get involved in things like that. Even if half the stories are wrong there's easily enough to get him kicked out of any truly Christian church there is. Read the Politico story and how many lies Falwell said just in that one story. Read the last line of it. You can't make all that up with governors and such saying he lied about what they said. Christian churches with nothing to fear do NOT issue 'do not communicate' orders, they do the exact opposite. If you went to one you would know that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is the original NYT article. They had to tone it down and backtrack a few times. I know that the NYT is not credible. Falwell, I'm undecided on.

Like almost all globalvirus news, there is an obvious attempt to mislead and portray things as way worse than they are. I could go through it, but this is not objective reporting, and I'd say it is unethical in a deliberate misrepresentation.

·
Grey Friar
903 Posts
Good thing you don't have to "decide", you don't attend college there. Every university is now on-line, for classroom study and tests, graduate lab work still being done with limitations on number and distance. Why not Falwell's ill-begotten college? Because, regardless of the slant by the reporter, the actions of the con-man preacher are self-serving... not in the best interests of the students, or their parents, grandparents, and friends.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Liberty University has one of the largest online programs there is. Absolutely massive online programs. People from all over the world take classes from them. From what I understand the reason he decided to reopen was because they had many students that had basically no place to go. It was totally their choice and I believe they still finished up with online programs anyway. They just basically had a dorm to live in. My wife lived at her college for her entire nursing program so I can respect a school's decision to allow its students to have a place to stay, because my wife didn't really have a home to go back to well not a good home.

I'm not defending the guy I'm just talkin about this University.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts