Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you add a Supercharger, does it void your warrenty. Supposedly it adds about 55hp to your SVT engine, and I am just trying to find out if anyone has installed it and how it works for them. Love my focus, just lookin for more horsepower.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
it most likely does void your warranty i hear they don't give 2 much better performance like half a second better in 0-60 but thats it i dunno though i could be wrong id say get a vortech s/c

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Have you seen the Ford Focus Handbook by Richard Holdener published by Cartech ?

They dyno'd a SVTF with a JRSC/M62 blower.
I think the results were pretty decent but I don't have the book in front of me.

The book just came out this year and can be found at most book stores or you can buy it on line at Cartech .

FYI-
You you decide to buy it online, go to myfordfocus.com and there is a code for free shipping. Just look near the bottom on the right side of the screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot. That should help me out. Love my SVTF, had it since August (10780K miles on it) Since I drive all over the place and commute. And just lookin for tweeks to make it even that much more fun to dive.

Will look for the book, thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
THE JACKSON BLOWER HAS A CHIP IT DOESNT EVEN SET A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IT WONT THROW ANY CODES ON DIAG MACHINES IF YOU GO TO A COOL DEALERSHIP YOU COULD BE ALRIGHT

·
FF Affiliate
30,885 Posts
There will be some used ones coming up soon where people are not happy with them so wait and pick up a used one

Every one looks at the HP and never talks about the TQ ,Its the TQ that you seel when you mash the gas NOT the HP and the TQ on the jrsc SUCKS a turbo will make 100pound foot of TQ more at the same HP

HP gets you to the track TQ gets you down the track

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, thank you both for the info. I am still a rookie when it comes to engine mods and stuff. Love my car, but a little extra power would be nice. But I guess I am never satisfied with what I have, MORE MORE MORE. LOL Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts