Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, would the jackson blow up my auto also since the jackson uses the stock air box would i be able to install the the focus sport filter and heat shield. Just wondering because I figure i will have about another year and a half on the warranty because I have a few road trips planned. I have 13 thousands miles on the car still havent reached a year old, and have only taken one road trip and it was out of commisions for almost two months. So yeah i figure i will reach at least 30 by two years old, think that is long enough to save up for the supercahrger and if i can use the focus sport intake with the supercahrger i will buy it versus the the high and mighty Volant and torque daddy ice-man.

I know the UDP is pointless with the supercharger but for cheap performance i think that would be "best bang for the buck" So what would be anyones opinion on that, buy it now sell it later ?

Most probably gonna do a full exhaust since that can still be used with the jrsc, gave up on the vortech cause i don't want my battery in my trunk, plus just the fact that is still gonna be more expensive than the JRSC by the time I am gonna buy.

·
Registered
688 Posts
YEs, u can use the focus sport filter and heat shield....u can use any intake for the JRSC, and i dont think it will blow ur tranny. get a chip after tho, and u could run normal boot which is 5psi or go big boost for the JRSC, 7-8psi..get the fc 65mm t/b, and 2.6" pulley, and 30lb injectors

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know i think i will stay with the standard boost kit, afraid of blowing up my tranny maybe when between now and the time i get the JRSC someone will have found out if it can take the abuse, I know focal said a long time ago the thing wouldnt take anythign past 130 whp

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not true, my focus is an Auto w/ now 60000 miles on it that I put on my self. The tranny works fine. I have alot done to my car and I know it has more than 130 whp by now. I just maintain the car like I should. Change the ATX Fluid every 30000 miles, I change the oil every 3k, put in slick 50 atx treatment, and so on. I spend money on maintainence, but its worth it cause I wont have to spend thosands on a new tranny!!!!!! Ride on bro, ride on!!!!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really dont wanna mod the tranny i mean i am gonna do the super over the turbo to save cash the focus is gonna be transport for a quite a few years just wanna make it a little more interesting transport. For the price of a modded tranny I could buy a sweet old car and start playing with it. I really don't wanna screw up a car thats gonna have to last me till im at least 27 (I'm 20).

Hey Megaman thanks, i think i'll be even better off then cause my friend who is a mechanic said he'll help me do my tranny fluid in a few months (15,000) and said to do it at that interval because if you go to long (yes 30 isn't to long that regular service interval) you are better off just not changing it till a rebuild is due because it will ruin the tranny. Kinda like running synthetic for the first time in an old engine that got 79 cent oil in it every 5000 miles, might worsen the condition.

But i do doubt 130whp with just exhaust and intake and udp.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
the thign is megamanx, you're probably making maybe a bit over 130 whp, but not much more. unfortunately new cars don't respond that well to exhaust and everything. with the JRSC, he'd be bolting like 60 hp right to the wheels and i just don't think it would handle that very well. i'd say get your tranny built.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know i guess i will await the Focus Guru's to pop into my htread and give their two cents on it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Go to TheFocusconnection.com and talk to scarecrow he has a JRSC on an auto Focus

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
actually talk to HRW here, he knows a good deal about his ATX, and im not sure but i think the ATX is good for 170 and not a hp more

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Basically, the atx will progressively wear down b/c it is not built to handle the extra power of the JRSC. Ofcourse this will not happen immediately, unless your tranny has already begun to deteriorate. I have yet to hear of a stock atx holding up to any FI. I am in a similar position as you. I have an Aerocharger turbo kit. I debated on just installing it without upgrading the tranny, but decided to just wait a while longer and get the tranny taken care of first. Having to spend the extra money sucks, but really it's an intergal necessity. I can't afford to lose the tranny unexpectedly. I'd rather nail the gas pedal when I want to, as often as I want to, without the worry that I'm wearing it out every time I do so. Also, I want the benefit of a slightly higher stall speed torque convertor. I am as unhappy as anyone about spending what I call the atx "penalty" money. This has slowed my transition to FI down to the point of questioning whether to stay the course many times. So far I have.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you master HRW. What did you do to you wagon so far i know you had done some stuff to your car, made a difference, what have you done. Sorry man i just remember you had a MAC intake and that you had done a dyno run awhile back.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
its our clutches and injectors that can handle that much hp... with the JRCS your tranny will be gone within a period of months... for the gains u will get with the jrsc on the stock boost kit i wouldnt waste the money... remember a jrsc on a stock focus runs a 16.0 "LAME" thats on a 5 spd... if it were my foci, id just mod with bolt ons till i was happy with it, then get a new car later on. or go all out, build the tranny, and boost her!

in the wise words of the HRW... with the auto, its either all or next to nothing...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I HAVE ONE . It make the car behave like it should ve from the factory. Nothing excessive, just got some balls in 1st &2nd. Runs out of breath though . All 'n all not bad for Entry level FI & 4--5 lbs boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts