Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to share my luck..

Surfing craigslist two weeks ago, I scored the Zetec dropout and parts from a wrecked SVT wannabee for really short money.. the car had svt wheels seats, solid mounts, caster camber plates steeda shifter as well as many motor mods ie clutch, cams, gears, underdrives, throttle body, header, chipped pc and an lsd..... So yesterday after listing many of the parts i looked to Craigslist again and this is what i found!!

2000 ford focus ZX3 90k supercharged, $1000 obro!!

I called expecting one of two things, (A) It wasnt really Supercharged (B) It was sold.......... SO I got on the horn and started calling, the lady texted me back within five minutes and asked about which car I was calling about... I said the Focus.. She replied which one?? I said how many do you have, she replied "two" the supercharged one and her daily driver.. I said im interested in both how much... She said $1000 cash you can have them both... I was like... I will be right down.. She sent pics (none of the supercharger)and the cars looked good.. I drove 3 hours one way, only expecting that it wasnt really supercharged or this is too good to be true...

When I got there in the inner city I was met by her bf... I was thinking... Ugh this is going to get nasty... He greeted me, said it was his car he just put new tires, clutch, LSD Aluminum Flywheel, and the tank was full of fuel.. I looked and confirmed the supercharger... I said why are you getting rid of it???.. He said because the columns locked, and I've been trying since Mothers Day to unlock it and I've had enough... He had the electrical part disconnected and started it right up... So I crawled under the dash, unbolted the rack and put it on the trailer.. This morning, I lubed the lock cylinder several times and the car fires right up and drives AWESOME.. The other car is a running driving ses 2.3 5 speed!!... I landed both for a grand, If I could post pics I would!! SO It was a late night but WELLL! worth it!!

I was curious, were any of these supechargers factory installed?? It doesnt appear to be a JR... Its Grey painted case with all the relocators on it for accessories..

PS.. Both titles signed in hand [:)~]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Nice, so how many Foci do you own now? What are you going to do with all of them?

No, as far as I know, Ford never made a factory supercharged or turbo for that matter Focus.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
you are one lucky guy!

and ford never did forced induction on the focus here in the US

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Jrsc was sold threw ford racing. U could order straight threw the catalog when they were still available

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm pretty sure my dealership offered the JRSC as a dealer installed option.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I'm pretty sure my dealership offered the JRSC as a dealer installed option.
I thought so too. If its a gray zetec roots style it might be a jr the black m62 is the Svt one

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
wow, sounds like you got quite the steal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This makes 13... I buy them up sell the good ones complete and part the rest... Inexpensive reliable transportation sells very well and funds my racing... Its a lot of luck but also acting on instinct and not tire kicking... Put up or shut up dealing... I'm sure these deals are everywhere, just have to turn some stones over...

Will this SC fit on my SVT??

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The black m62 will but its not worth trying to use the little gray one on the svt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you are one lucky guy!

and ford never did forced induction on the focus here in the US
funny you should say that, the car was imported.. theres changeover stickers and pcm programming stickersto import it for federal emisions and speedo calibration.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
^That doesn't mean it was imported.
The FR 'kit' came with a recalibrated ECU sort of. You where supposed to send the stock ECU to Ford for recalibration and that was part of the price, minus the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No One tag actually says on it recalibrated for export to the US... The other tag says converted from kilometers to MPH..I am assuming it was an overseas car ordered by someone in the military, then sent back to the states after he got out or got restationed in the US.. My Aunt and uncle each had cars shipped back to the US from Germany and they were required to go through a similar process before the cars were allowed in the country...

By no means am I saying this is factory, I am just saying, its funny that it was mentioned ones from other countrys came factory with them.. Mere Coincidence I am sure...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
dude, i need a 2.3 5 speed. would you sell it to me?? seriously! I need it for my rally car!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
The car simply could have come from Canada as well. The front and rear bumpers would be different if it were a European model. But it's hard to tell since we don't see any pictures of this. Also I am moving this thread to the Zetec owners lounge since it really doesn't have much to do with performance other than the mention of a supercharger. Plus, posting pictures on here is easy. Open an account with www.photobucket.com, upload the pictures, cut & paste the IMG code and then post that IMG code here in your post and voila...you have pictures on here.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Dang thats a sweet deal. SO both are ZX3s what year is the 2.3?

So if one was supercharged i wonder why he couldnt get it to start?

I seen a few posted around here with ignition problems one was an ST for $800. that the key wouldnt start it and some one tampered with the FOB thing on the wheel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts