Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the manual and to my surprise the Focus only has 4 jack points. Most of the cars I have owned in the past also had a front and rear center jack point allowing me to jack the front and place stands at the front side points and repeat the procedure for the rear to get the whole vehicle on stands safely and quickly. How is this done on the Focus?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It lets me think that I can jack there and put the stands in the proper locations.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It lets me think that I can jack there and put the stands in the proper locations.
Now that sounds like a more feasable idea.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Front crossbeam by the rear motor mount is a good jacking point, listed in Ford literature I'd seen for all to date. Not centered, but you can use it to place stands at the same height on each front side jacking point anyways.

That center point pictured isn't the sturdiest, works best on my older version when using a block of wood to spread the load & help prevent damage as seen in the picture posted.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been wondering this too. I've never used jack stands but am tempted to (in order to paint the calipers).
Gets really "fun" jacking up the car when the rear jack areas have "vaporized" from salt when 10 years old (my 99 contour ,and old Focuses fare no better).

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
For the rear, I use the center of the crosspiece for the floor jack; then the jackstands at the ends of that beam next to the lower pivot bolts for the lower control arms.

For the front, I put the cup of the floor jack just under one of the bolts for the front sub-frame near the inside back of the lower suspension arm. The bolt head then tends to lock the floor jack in place so it won't slide off. (Having 2 floor jacks makes it easier)

Then in the general vicinity of that bolt I can slid a jackstand under a u-channel that's part of the underbody.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Was able to change my oil and rotate my tires this evening with your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts