Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what I should expect for boost PSI on a stock jackson racing supercharger for the Zetec engine, the reason why I ask is because I recently baught a new JR system and put it on and it was only running 3psi, so I adjusted the bypass valve and is now up to 4.5psi, I also have a short ram intake, 65mm TB, FC race header with flex pipe and borla cat back, if all this info will help anyone tell me if this is where the psi is suppose to run?

·
Registered
147 Posts
you should expect 5psi with jus the stock JRSC, if u want more boost, get a 65mm throttle body, 2.6 inch pulley and 30lb injectors and you could see 7psi

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I am really asking is if the 4.5psi is what I should expect for boost with what I have done to the car or should there still be more there? if anyone has played with this kit and has seen what they pull for boost actualy on a guage and not what JR says its suppose to pull I would appricate the input

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the kit was very easy and strait forward to install compared to other kits I have put in, only took me about 6 hours to put on, and as for the power I will have to wait and see, JR is sending me some replacement componets for some faulty ones I have so it will make the correct ammout of boost, than I will have a better assessment, Will have the new parts tuesday.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ok first off, there is alot of misinformation this thread.

You don't just throw on a pulley and some injectors.

Look at your combination as it is right now. You have a free flowing intake and exhaust, which is a good thing. The boost you are making is right on target with those I have seen and dyno'd.

You should get the car on a dyno and get some Air/Fuel plots to see where you are at and how much power you are making. Once you have done that it will be easier to advise you on where to go next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
changing the pulley on the supercharger is the only way to make more boost, as you increase air flow like throttle body or header or exhaust, it appears boost goes down but you make more power, its more efficient then

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did get a faulty part with the kit, the bypass valve was leaking very badly in the beginning so I took it off and adjusted it, but it is still leaking boost from the manifold back into the intake, but JR is sending me a new knowen good one no charge$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts