Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have replaced my rear wiper with 4 different brands of blades (all 15") and all of them leave a 4" space at the top of the rear window. It is like the blade is not even touching the top of the glass. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you correct it?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I get the same thing..........big gap on top. Doesn't matter to me much since I don't use the wipers all too often.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just annoying. If there is one thing on my cars that needs to be perfection, it is the wipers. I can't stand when the wipers don't work properly or poorly. Maybe I'm just to picky about this.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
No I agree, seeing well is pretty important!, let us know what you find.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. I am going to check out the spring on the wiper arm. maybe it is stretched.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked the spring in the wiper arm. There appears to be nothing wrong with it. I don't know, I guess I will settle for the annoying 4" strip at the top of window.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
go directly back to ford and ask for whatever brand they use. you'll find that it'll probably be the only one that work bc the other aftermarket brands just can't hold up to the funky angle/profile of the rear window. tricos suck, ancos are OK, and bosch are probably the best when it comes to a funky glass piece.

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i work at kragen (auto parts store). 4+ years of dealing with the damn things and you get pretty used to them all (LOL!). i hate rain. all i do is help people with wiper blades. you wouldn't think the things would be so hard to figure out, but apparently they are!

Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whiteboyslo,

I've tried Anco, RainX, and a few other I can remember. All had the same result.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well, do you really need to replace the whole blade, or can you just get away with replacing the rubber refill? best bet is to probably just replace the stock rubber and use the original blade if you still have it

Mike

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
what is the best for the front whiteboy? is it worth the extra cheese for the rain x brand?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the RainX brand in the front and they rock. Probably the best wiper blades I have ever bought.

Whiteboyslo, I already threw out the original blade. I guess I could just spend the $8 at the dealer for a OEM wiper balde. (probably would have been cheaper in the long run).

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
brand-wise i like the trico teflons (blue cartridge). a good cheap brand are the ANCOs that they sell at wal-mart (yellow boxes). specifically for our car, dunno. mine are still OK for now

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts