Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issue is back again...I really think it has to do with lack of electrical power to the system that need it the most....especially when I'm bangin the system really loud...when the system is off I dont have a problem. So it looks like I have to pop for a h/o alternator LOL!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i just got one of alpines digital line amps and i cant even begin to explain how awesome it is! they are completely digital and dont put any strain at all on the alt like a normal amp would. my headlights dont dim with the bass slammin brights on and fog on!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It sounds likes your giant system is at fault. Look into the specs on your amps and find out how many Amps they are drawing. We have great alternators on our cars but your far exceeding what its capable of producing.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Gotta have a good alternator for a good system.

When i had 1200w rms i know my alternator held up great. That was powering my RF T1500-1bd amp that pushed 1800w RMS. My amp draw was around 170 Amps at full power

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I could do some nice welding with that kind of juice!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
wow the tiny little 300w amp in my car already gives me a headache. I must be getting old!
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts