Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am the proud "father" [woot] of a new SEL. Right now, it rains and it's so grey outside ... but here is a picture of it. In the next days, when the rain will stop, I'll put more.

First impressions :
- It rides great !
- MyFord Sync is flawless for now (it understands my english with a bit of french accent)
- Happy to know that navigation has text to speach (meaning it says the route names)
- Great handling
- Nice driving position (and I love the electric controls - same as the ones I had on my Cougar)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, bcrows. The same to you !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats man!! Nice looking ride. [woot]

I wait anxiously for my VIN,

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very, very nice looking, I love the white. I allready have a white Mustang so I went with the Frosted Glass on my SEL.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your comments ! And not the least, THANK YOU for the welcoming !

Here are some new photos (it is still grey outside):

P.S. I still can't find that button to open the trunk. I think I am either too old or too blind for this one.
Would someone care to help an old blind guy ? :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
As far as I know, you either use the key-fob or open it from the outside hatch. At least on mine, there is no interior trunk release.

Love the interior, by the way. And those wheels...very, very nice.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am the proud "father" [woot] of a new SEL. Right now, it rains and it's so grey outside ... but here is a picture of it. In the next days, when the rain will stop, I'll put more.

First impressions :
- It rides great !
- MyFord Sync is flawless for now (it understands my english with a bit of french accent)
- Happy to know that navigation has text to speach (meaning it says the route names)
- Great handling
- Nice driving position (and I love the electric controls - same as the ones I had on my Cougar)

Interesting perspective taking that picture from above, very cool!

Welcome aboard! [welcome]

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as I know, you either use the key-fob or open it from the outside hatch. At least on mine, there is no interior trunk release.

Love the interior, by the way. And those wheels...very, very nice.
The button I am talking about is the one outside the hatch. I looked at the mechanism used to open the hatch but never found anything. :-(

·
Registered
187 Posts
The hatch release is behind the license plate light. It has a rubber cover over it.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hatch release is behind the license plate light. It has a rubber cover over it.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you wag4513 ! I will look for it. Strange though, I did press on the rubber cover (and it did felt like pressing something but nothing happened).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very, very nice looking, I love the white. I allready have a white Mustang so I went with the Frosted Glass on my SEL.
lol same here...it was sooooo tempting to go for the platinum white, I settled on Kona

you'll love the car... it gets better after it gets broken in!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I bought all three of mine in the rain, (yes, Three, first one was traded in after it was ruined by a bad hail storm! First was a se candy blue, then traded for a Frosted glass sel and then an sel in ingot silver for my GF. ) It sucked but when the sun Finally came out I really liked the looks of them! Welcome to your new Focus!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on your cars, too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm jealous of that stone leather. I got the stone fabric on my SEL because I go kayaking regularly and I was worried about wetting the leather, but man yours looks great!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm jealous of that stone leather. I got the stone fabric on my SEL because I go kayaking regularly and I was worried about wetting the leather, but man yours looks great!
Thank you ! I did not want leather seats also (I had them on my ex-car - no heated seats though [V] - and with the temperatures here 5 month a year, the fabric suit car best), but when testing them, I felt in love with their looks. And you know what ? When it's raining here, they sure get some water from my clothes, but what a heck ! I will treat them with care and hope they last at least as the other ones (10 years). [;)]

P.S. I wanted power driver seat also, and they come in leather only so this made my choice even easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts