Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had a lengthy hospital stay, and like all new Fords, the battery went dead. My problem is the front end is tucked right up against the wall under a big shelf. I CANNOT for the life of me get in there.

Now that's there's not power, I can't shift it out of P and roll it out the garage. Any shift-lock defeating tricks you guy know?

Thanx in advance,
smizak

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi,

I had a lengthy hospital stay, and like all new Fords, the battery went dead. My problem is the front end is tucked right up against the wall under a big shelf. I CANNOT for the life of me get in there.

Now that's there's not power, I can't shift it out of P and roll it out the garage. Any shift-lock defeating tricks you guy know?

Thanx in advance,
smizak
You shouldn't need much power to at least get the key security system to wake up so you can turn the key and get it into neutral. Maybe get an inexpensive charger that allows you to connect through an accessory port (cigarette lighter port) if you can't access the battery terminals to get another type of charger connected.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You shouldn't need much power to at least get the key security system to wake up so you can turn the key and get it into neutral. Maybe get an inexpensive charger that allows you to connect through an accessory port (cigarette lighter port) if you can't access the battery terminals to get another type of charger connected.
Something like this should work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005OWK2/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_bLXhjn_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_r=KP01GTRC7PH13ST4DQN3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=515b8d5e-85bc-5e2f-924b-0cdf062f5440&pf_rd_i=318336011

If you don't have access to another car...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZF11A08/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_bLXhjn_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_r=KP01GTRC7PH13ST4DQN3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=515b8d5e-85bc-5e2f-924b-0cdf062f5440&pf_rd_i=318336011

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
You can into the driver's door with the (manual) key. Once in, the shift lock release/override can be accessed by removing the panel covering the shift knob.

See video:

Reactions: felixthecat

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
This^^^^^^^^

·
FF Affiliate
30,752 Posts
Quick and easy thing to do I use is , get something with a Sig lighter end , make long wires to reach to another car , make sure you wire it ground -ground and + to + and not only will it power it to get out of P but it will charge the Batt as well , just dont use big wiring

Some jump boxes have the Sig made into them if you could find one , DO NOT try to start the engine through the Sig Lighter

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts