Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only at idle the rpms dip then come back up then dip again non stop..would the voltage regulator be causing this? Also do you know the throttle blade doesn't,close all the,way...I dont know if this is by default or not...and one more thing where is the pcv valve at?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
PCV is behind the intake mani, youd have to pull it to get to the pcv

The rough idle might be from a gunked up IAC (idle air control valve). its a silver canister on the front of the intake manifold and should be cleaned using throttle body cleaner

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The intake has nothing to do with it. Clean the IACV like stated and it should fix it, hopefully that is.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

"Second Gen Focus" is for interior, exterior and body, that is all. It is not Your personal playground or blog. Please feel free to step beyond the confines of this subforum and utilize it properly.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
It's only at idle the rpms dip then come back up then dip again non stop..would the voltage regulator be causing this? Also do you know the throttle blade doesn't,close all the,way...I dont know if this is by default or not...and one more thing where is the pcv valve at?
Hey!

If you aren't able to figure out why your idle is fluctuating, you may want to have the dealer inspect it. Since your Focus is a 2010, it may still be under warranty. [:)] Let me know if I can help.

~Natasha

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi natasha the car has 41,000 on the clock.....yes please HELP LOL
[:D] Go ahead and schedule an appointment at your dealer, and PM me your VIN so I can take a look.

Talk to ya soon!

~Natasha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts