Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening!...

...Didn't know where I should post this, but I hope this is the right place! [cool]

...Ivan: That's the name of my "son". My car that is. My once humble silver 2004 1.6 5d Trend S.I.P. Collection car. 4,5 years later 70+ mechanics / modifiers / programmers / engineers / Modding "Houses" (domestic & abroad) / etc., have contributed thousands of working hours for a total of more than 150+ modifications that are currently installed on him, with an (overall) tag-price that surpasses a 73k euros total (so far). A real 2.0 "monster" ready to "devour" the...non-believers!...

...I think it all started with the...lame-line that most Focus owners have heard at some point from a friend (or foe): "Paah!...Get real dude! You *never* gonna see serious horsepower and torque from a...Focus!" (followed by some derogatory laughs)...Nearly no one believed back then that I would surpass the "300 Hp barrier". "With a 1.6 Focus?! Get real man!"...Right!...

...On February of 2008, Ivan (as a 1.6 Zetec SE engine-based still back then) yielded a whopping 325 Hp (@ 6.270 rpm) / 38 Kgr. of torque (@ 5.320 rpm) becoming one of the most powerful / most modified Ford Focus in Europe...The dyno was performed at the self-owned "Dynomet DK" from "Option Press" (the largest / most respected publishing House for modified cars here in Greece)...

...When I decided to make "the next step" (i.e. installing the 2.0 engine), I still got - more or less - the same "attitude" from the...unfaithful ones: "You gonna reach 500+ Hp with a Ford Focus?! Are you stoned or something man?! Get real!"...Right!...

...On March, of 2009 the last phase of the "Ivan Project Car" is completed. With a Zetec E 2.0 engine installed on him, he's become some short of an "ST/RS mk1" hybrid. The "psychological" barrier of 500 Hp is about to be broken. Very soon. Tomorrow to be more exact!...For the friends that have watched the whole project from the start, it's only a matter of...hours now before they celebrate with me the breaking of yet another milestone. As far as those that still remain...faithless, well...what can I say? It seems they'll always be around - won't they!...Their jaws will drop to the ground once again though...and their tongues will be...swallowed! You see, the thing that they don't understand is that, this car has more soul and spirit than they could ever imagine. And that when one has a dream and believes in it, one day - sooner or later - it will become reality, no matter what obstacles will be on the way!...

...So, keep dreaming guys and never take c**p from no one! Find the inner strength inside you and pursue your dream until it is realized before your very eyes! Tuned cars are more than just...cars: They are our means of escaping our daily routines and boredom! Our vehicles to a better, prettier world! The feeling of creating something beautiful out of something rather...plain, is indescribable, and can only be felt! "Modifying" means creating something / becoming better. If we could all expand this to other areas of our lives (besides modding our cars), this would be a much-much better world!

Take care you all!

Alex

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
what is happening...
project from blank??
at least show me some sheet metal LOL!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Erm...I posted pics and some words last night, and I experienced the same thing - after a while the whole thing kinda "disappeared" (leaving only the thread's title intact) !...Dunno why this happened really, but everything seems to be "back in order" now, so enjoy!...[woot][:)]

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
when you bust that number please show me a dyno vid and the cahrts from the pulls. i need proof for a few haters at my job,lol.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Erm...I posted pics and some words last night, and I experienced the same thing - after a while the whole thing kinda "disappeared" (leaving only the thread's title intact) !...Dunno why this happened really, but everything seems to be "back in order" now, so enjoy!...[woot][:)]
Seems fine now sir. :)

Great looking ride.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hehe, thanks guys!...[:)]

...And please, enough with the..."sir" thing! I may have gray hair but I am only (?) 33 y.o. lol! Alex is the name, and its nice to be among tuned Ford "fanatics"! [thumb]

when you bust that number please show me a dyno vid and the cahrts from the pulls. i need proof for a few haters at my job,lol.
Will certainly do that - no worries. Let me guess..."Jap lovers" the colleagues at work - right? [nutkick][hihi]

1 - 20 of 74 Posts