Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my Focus for a brand new white 2012 Kia Optima turbo SX. I just wasn't enjoying the Focus any more and was tired of taking it into the dealership over and over.

I've only had the Kia for about a week now but so far (for me) it's superior in almost every way.

The Focus handled much better. But the Kia is a ton quieter, people can actually hear me on the other end of my phone; it's a lot faster and gets comparable gas mileage; throttle response and transmission is much improved; HIDs; cooled front seats and heated rear seats; and most importantly the little touch screen thingy in the dash actually WORKS!! I know, huh?

I appreciate everyone's friendship while I've been a member here. I might lurk from time to time.

I'll also try to get the final pictures of my audio install up (yes, the sound equipment in the Focus came with me) so those of you that are interested can follow along.

Tony

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
That was fast. I suspect you won't be alone though based on the number of dissatisfied 2012 owners.

I had a customer recently who is the GM at a Kia dealership, he had an Optima hybrid in his driveway. I must admit it certainly seems like Kia is rapidly getting their shit together in terms of making a better first impression.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sucks you got a bad one. I know would have been fed up with it and traded as well. Pics of the new ride!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tony,
Rather Sooner than later, Did you lose a lot ?
I think USA's biggest mistake was adopting MFT and Sync on the Focus.
None of the Other World Markets have adopted this technology.
Yet everything in the car works perfectly without MFT and Sync, bluetooth phone, voice commands, usb, Ipod,music over Blutooth etc etc.
The MFT and Synch does give you some extra fuctionality however, Navigation etc
At the end of the day it's just a car.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
oh well I dont blame you... I'd want a new car to be problem free as well.

Have to agree though, the optima turbo is pretty good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's too bad.. I really enjoyed your how-to guides on mods. Was hoping to see more of those with the Focus but owell..

Pics pls!

·
Registered
422 Posts
deng..is the new focus that bad?
Just like every new car, there are a few out there that are lemons. There are far more people that are happy than those that are unhappy. I was on a mustang forum and saw a few threads about some people having trouble with the new mustangs tranny. It just happens.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Btw, how much was the trade-in value of the Focus? Get negative equity?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw, how much was the trade-in value of the Focus? Get negative equity?
Oh yeah...I lost big time. However, I wasn't totally dissatisfied with my trade-in amount considering how familiar I am with the fact that cars are just not a good investment, especially new ones.

Let's just say I could have filled my Focus' gas tank about 150 times with what I lost by trading it in.

Tony

·
Registered
772 Posts
I know you have been among us that have more than your fair share of problems. It's a shame Ford couldn't make you a happy customer by taking care of your issues, even if that meant replacing the car. I am giving Ford a second chance because I have relation working for them. If I didn't have that connection, I would of probably walked also after owning exclusively Ford--18 vehicles. I know people don't have any more patience with Ford and throw up their hands and trade it in for another brand (like RustySocket) but there is a lemon law process. But I understand just ridding yourself of the whole ordeal.

Some day Ford will realize how many customers they have alienated and lost over the whole MFT/Powershift fiasco.

Good luck moving ahead.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
This needs to be sent to the Ford customer service folks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Tony, I wish you good luck with your new car !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes. Ford certainly isn't the first manufacturer out there with first year woes, but the Kia Optima SX is also a first year car and seems they nailed it from the get go. Good luck.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hopefully he doesn't have that the horrible things I've seen the kia's do lately. They have had a lot of engine throwing rods and other stuff grenading at this one dealership thats a customer of my works. I buy American cause it's quality And like to support our great country. As for saying the Kia is superior in every way look again. There is a reason Hyundai abandoned the brand several years ago.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tony, good luck with your new Kia. It's sad to see another member take a loss to rid themselves of their car issues but I certainly understand your position. I can't understand why Ford doesn't pay attention to cases like yours and go the extra mile to make things right.

I traded a VW with some issues, for the Focus, and I couldn't get anywhere with VW at any level and taking a loss was not really a concern to me; the frustration had become more of a burden than the loss of the money.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts