1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
P"z"E"v" ...gotta be the one with dat ztec yo

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I am anxious to see if there are any differences in the air filter and exhaust between the PZEV and the 23E.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK. So I read that article pretty well and one part a few times. I am interested in the Gas Recirculating part of the engine. Did I read correctly and that spent exhaust gas back into the intake? I always thought you would want the coolest air to fill the intake. That is why we change the intake to a cold air intake. Does this sound strange to anyone?

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
They have to do the Exhaust Gas Recirculation for emissions reasons

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
demo07 said:
OK. So I read that article pretty well and one part a few times. I am interested in the Gas Recirculating part of the engine. Did I read correctly and that spent exhaust gas back into the intake? I always thought you would want the coolest air to fill the intake. That is why we change the intake to a cold air intake. Does this sound strange to anyone?
The link posted by Egz does a nice job explaining EGR.

Note that any of the common, external breathing mod's you perform (CAI, etc) really give benefits only at WOT, and EGR is disabled at WOT.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
soffiler said:
The link posted by Egz does a nice job explaining EGR.

Note that any of the common, external breathing mod's you perform (CAI, etc) really give benefits only at WOT, and EGR is disabled at WOT.
In other words, KEEP YER FOOT IN IT !

[:p] [:D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts