Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, at 126k miles timing belt went and that's the end.
i'll be looking at prices to rebuilt it or change head, most valves are bent, pistons look ok...
i was going to get the belt changed in a couple of weeks... sucks...

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
sucks! hope you get all that fixed soon!

and to the noob!! dont be a dick and know what your talking about!

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
that sucks man.. i keep putting off doing mine, but i gotta make time for it.. mine won't bend valves, but it would still suck

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey kevin, yeah i'm down to the gixxer, for the next week or 2 i'll take off when it rains...

and yeah 06roush, 120k says right on my manual, whoever came out with those number they're right on the money...

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
so you were 6 miles over!!!!!!
tisk tisk [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

hahaha jk
if you need something just call bro

·
Still Crusin
2,028 Posts
damn bro. sorry to hear. did u take off the heads and everything to see if the valves are bent or are you just sayin the valves are bent. don't know about the svt but zetec motors are non interference motors so if the belt did snap it won't mess up the motor. just a heads up in case the svt engine is a non interference motor too. i will research and find out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
harry that would be 6000 miles, thanks...

yo tommy, i did pull the head yesterday with brian, and yeah, they bent... i gotta bring the head to sk speed see if is rebuildable and how much it's going to be, i don't know if i should just fix it and trade it in or keep it 'till is paid off... shit sucks!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update: Brian found me a head somewhere in the east coast, it's used but complete and assamble, garanteed to work... 450 shipped to my house. hopefully i'll be driving again in a week or so.
depending on what the trade in value is i might get rid of it and get something else.

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
you might as well keep it since the next car will have your svt payments on it

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i might just buy another car andn leave the svt in the driveway 'till i can fix it, they just called me to tell me that the only 2 svt heads available are not available no more, one is damaged and the other one was sold, there is one more but the guy doen;t want to separate from the engine.... just my luck...
i [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g hate my car [?|] last ford last focus last pos i'll ever buy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts