Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its going to be inside my arm, by my arm pitt but lower, on the other side of my bicep I guess. I'm wondering, if I know I"m going to get bigger in my life, and know I will be lifting weights, is my tattoo going to...stretch? Any help would be great!

Levi

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah it will stretch but u could just go back and get them to go over it, and then it will be stretched out but it will look just like it did when u got it , now it will be bigger

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
It will change some but usually it isn't too bad. Things that are lined off like armbands tend to adjust in a wavy pattern if you get bigger or smaller. Like I said, it won't be horribly bad but if you are a perfectionist the perhaps the armband idea and bulking up later is a bad combo.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I picked to place the few i have in places that dont really stretch, (like across shoulders and stuff) but i have initials on my arm, and i have gotten bigger since then and you can hardly tell. inside of the arm is going to hurt like hell

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i saw somebody eith a tattoo on their underarm...there was a leg that went up his arm a leg that went down his side on his ribs....and the pit hair was there to represent a rather hairy.......well you know what...i thought it was hilarious[:D] [rofl]

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you plan on getting "bigger" hold off on the tat.

You ever see stretch marks on a chcik after she got pregnant.. or stretch marks on body builders? The tat will look like @ss if the skin get distorted. Just ask your tattoo artist.

Here is my last one.. That makes 5 for me, including 75% of my back done...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. So basically everyones saying just hold off? For how long? I'm 20 so how knows how long I'll be growing. Heres the character I'm getting, its from a Dali painting the actual design is a bit intricate, this is just an example.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If your going to pump up big time i say wait untill you are at least 75% to your goal. I have found the inside of the arm is more prone to stretch marks than the outside.

Just a tip my mom gave me back in the day when i started lifting...buy some 100% cocoa butter and apply it to areas that are prone to stretching(apparently she did this when she had me and my siblings, and ya cant really tell she is a mom). I used to put it on my arms and such every day and never got a mark. Have fun with your first tat! I wanted to get a small one at first, then i kept getting more and more, its addicting i guess.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
pharcyde253 said:
Its going to be inside my arm, by my arm pitt but lower, on the other side of my bicep I guess. I'm wondering, if I know I"m going to get bigger in my life, and know I will be lifting weights, is my tattoo going to...stretch? Any help would be great!

Levi
It will stretch, but you are supposed to get them touched up every so often anyway. They fade over time. Something like every 5 yrs.

Inside your arm, thats going to be hard to take care of seeing as you will be rubbing against it all day...make sure you put some vaseline on it, then cover that will seran wrap.....then tape that on.......until it heals so you don;t rub the scab off....which is curing the tat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts