Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone. Well it was built last monday and it arrived at the dealership on wednesday. I went and picked it up yesterday, so here are some pics.

at the dealership

Finally at home in my possession

quick interior pic. The stock radio is getting replaced with a Pioneer AVG-6800 DVD. Which arrived yesterday also. Just waiting for the sirius tuner, and bluetooth adapter to arrive so I can start install. Will update with those pictures as I am installing.

I'm gonna pretty much leave her as is, except for adding new lowering springs (probably in the range of 1.6-1.8 drop) and also 17" rims. OH YEA, also getting tinted.

But so far, she is a blast to drive. quick, responsive, comfortable. All I need!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
congrats..thats a nice car ya got there..n blac c-dans are sexay!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey is your dash smooth or does it have a dimply texture to it. There is supposed to be a "smoothed" interior option on the 07s. Cool car btw.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Welcome to the boards pfry10!

And if you havn't done so already, join us on the ST thread and get a ST member number ... and start modding.

Most peeps go for a CAI and catback exhaust!

faulkton said:
the shorter spoiler looks good.. much better than the tall one!
Oh, you are SOOOO WRONG f/t!

The SAP1 spoiler is what finally convinced me to buy the car.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I actually do dig the SAP (park bench) spoiler on the ST. Not sure I'd pony up the cash for it, but it looks good.

Nice new car man, it should serve you well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
firemanfrank said:
Welcome to the boards pfry10!

And if you havn't done so already, join us on the ST thread and get a ST member number ... and start modding.

Most peeps go for a CAI and catback exhaust!

Oh, you are SOOOO WRONG f/t!

The SAP1 spoiler is what finally convinced me to buy the car.[thumb]
I wasn't a big fan of the SAP. I preferred just the stock look with the low spoiler. Yours is looking good though firemanfrank. [thumb]

Cant wait to lower it and get a nice set of rims on it. Will definately set it off. Loving the pitch black!

thanks everyone for the love!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
pfry10 said:
I wasn't a big fan of the SAP. I preferred just the stock look with the low spoiler. Yours is looking good though firemanfrank. [thumb]

Cant wait to lower it and get a nice set of rims on it. Will definately set it off. Loving the pitch black!
thanks!

So, you're going to do the lowering and rims then first?

SVT Robzor said:
I actually do dig the SAP (park bench) spoiler on the ST. Not sure I'd pony up the cash for it, but it looks good.
"Parkbench" spoiler! You should have seen the spoiler on my '04 SRT-4!

Now THAT was a spoiler. LOL

As far as the cash outlay for the SAP1, it's the only option that came on my ST (and the only one I really wanted).

So for $1200 painted/installed by FORD, a person can't do it on their own for that price.

It was a steal!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firemanfrank said:
thanks!

So, you're going to do the lowering and rims then first?
My plan of modding action is stereo. (which all the pieces are on the way). Then TINT, and then lowering springs and rims.

Spring and rims unforturnately have to be last because I has to save a little cash again. Hopefully wont take long. Probably going to go with eibach sportlines and dampners. As for rims, I havent quite narrowed it down yet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I very much prefer the stock ST look to the SAP package with that huge park bench wing. Black looks really nice.

I like how every one makes fun of honda civics that have a huge wing like the SAP yet when its on a focus all of a sudden every one thinks its cool[dunno]

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
I like how every one makes fun of honda civics that have a huge wing like the SAP yet when its on a focus all of a sudden every one thinks its cool[dunno]
Because it's on a Honda, that's why!

HAHAHA

Plus, alot of the imports have those awful gawdy looking "silver" or "black" painted aftermarket spoilers that are not even color matched to the car their on.

And, they usually have a bunch of "bolt" and "screws" protruding all over them as well.

So realistically then 1SVT, it's wrong to make a comparison between the two ...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
a big gaudy spoiler that costs money for show and not go is a big gaudy spoiler. whether it's ford that built it for ricers or APC is irrelevant.

the boy racer spoiler on the SAP looks like piss, and it's insulting. Put the money towards a turbo and really unlock those 2.3s, because as they come, you'll never reach the speeds necessary to need that ridiculous wing.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
2004SVTAutoXer said:
a big gaudy spoiler that costs money for show and not go is a big gaudy spoiler.
Nope.

According to the actual definition of "gaudy", you've been proven wrong.

Quite wrong ...

1. brilliantly or excessively showy:
2. cheaply showy in a tasteless way; flashy.
3. ostentatiously ornamented; garish.

#1 It is clearly not "excessive" (if you think it is, then you would be making it obvious that you're quite ignorant of the automotive scene)

#2 It most certainly is not "cheap" looking, not by any stretch of the imagination (also, "taste" is subjective, not objective - so you have no argument there either)

#3 It doesn't hit the mark for being "ostentatious" or "garish" either (i.e., "given to pretentious or conspicuous show, or excessiveness"). As a car that can do 130mph stock w/o the limiter, the argument can be readily made that the addition of that spoiler is certainly not "just for show".

Weak o4svt. Weak ...

whether it's ford that built it for ricers or APC is irrelevant.
Nice try. But again you failed.

A manufacturer's OEM part is ALWAYS more coherent/desired a piece than one from an aftermarket source. In quality, and in the eventual resale of the vehicle (overly modded cars are almost always worth LESS than if they were just left stock).

Really 04svt. How much do you actually know about cars?

I feel like I'm having to explain this stuff as if I were talking to a ten year old.

the boy racer spoiler on the SAP looks like piss, and it's insulting.
The only thing that's really insulting here is your automotive IQ.

More like embarassing really.

But I forgive you!

So from now on, just please take the time to learn more about cars before you make such foolish statements.

PEACE

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
congrats on your purchase!!!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Awesome car, congrats on the new addition [:D]

·
Registered
538 Posts