Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the "little" winter project is finished and car goes back on trailer friday to head for vir. the new cage makes the car absolutely sick. it is so stiff, that turn in is beyond immediate.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Very cool !! Is it not wonderful when things come together and work right and you feel good about the tonne of money you just spent?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tonne

i say sir, a tonne is about right. and no scones or tea thrown in.let's just say, this project got out of hand-cost double what we had figured. battery is now out back, car is almost perfectly cornerweighted. real tow hook installed. altered factory control arms for 3 degree negative camber. no more insulation-very loud. no more door panels, just aluminum. etc etc etc. and the cage is a thing of beauty- i might sleep in the car tonight. in fact if the lady i live with ever sees the bill....well there's always the shed.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
[:D] Well at least the focus has heat!! ..can't wate to see it!! -3 degrees, thats a bit, I really want a ride in the car.. I'm looking at a miata tonight, any reason I shouldn't buy one?, just for a fun toy its a 91 for $1,000

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miata

if you dont buy it i will. bulletproof fun. spec miatas scare me-they are so equal, they'll run 3 wide sometimes. and 3 degrees makes it a wee bit twitchy in a straight line but when you turn. lets say this. the best turn in cars i had were the 911's-it was i think, therefore i've turned. this is as close to that as i've felt in a car with 2 seats. and as far as tire wear, squirt is almost 2 years old and has only 14k on it. i'd hazard a guess that about 3k were on track.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ride

almost forgot-ride along anytime. should be at summit at least 16 to twenty days this year. next time will be the first open test day, 4/1. then 4/30 thru 5/2 with emra if shenandoah really is ready. then 3 more days in may w/nasa.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics

believe it or not i dont have a digital. but a bud who is going to vir with me this weekend will shoot and post them on fj monday. we'll try to get some good shots of the cage and the new control arms.

·
Registered
525 Posts
viney266 said:
[:D] Well at least the focus has heat!! ..can't wate to see it!! -3 degrees, thats a bit, I really want a ride in the car.. I'm looking at a miata tonight, any reason I shouldn't buy one?, just for a fun toy its a 91 for $1,000
Careful getting an old miata, alot of old miatas leak pretty bad, so you may want to take it to the car wash before you buy!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
convertibles

they are supposed to leak! that's how you make a japanese car feel british.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That sounds cool. You should post the link from FJ to here so we can see it.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Supposed to leak!!! lol that is so true, you have obviously owned Brit cars in the past. Actually it just got a new top last year, though it is one of the cheap tops. The paint is a little rough but it runs good.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brit converts

62 xke, 68 tr250, mg midget, morris minor (1 conv 1 coupe) among others. lucas-prince of darkness

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Remember sir,....Gentlemen do not motor after dark....
Why do the British dink warm beer...Lucas refrigeraters..
Come on, just what the heck is positive ground anyway?!? ( rhetorical question)
I'm thinking of replacing the 914 with this miata, less hassles, and as much fun. I have watched the spec miata class,too, man they fly in those things at Summit. I don't think they ever lift...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oops my bad

somehow my answer ended up under a new thread! lucas light switch-3 positions-off,dim,flicker tata for now-i am off to load car up.pics from vir mon or tue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.