Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so first it was the Ignition, now im driving casual and go to pass someone and go from 5th to 4th, when i go to let off the clutch in 4th it makes a thud noise and the pedal goes limp. I put it in all the gears with the clutch pushed in and it worked fine, but when i tried to put it in all the gears and let out, the clutch slipped baaad, i made it back to base because the only thing i could do was put it in any gear and keep the RPMs at about 3500 and the clutch would grap JUST enough to do 20 MPHs.

Now I could stall it, i came to a stop and just didnt touch the clutch and instead of stalling it began to pull like it was a automatic. it didnt matter if it was in 1st or 5th.

SO now what do i do? do i tell the dealer take it back since ive only had it for 16 or 17 days, or do i tell him to pay for it what?

NEED HELP BAD, PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Take it to the dealer if its only been that long. Maybe they will give you a break. There are a few TSB's out for the manuals out there. One of them has to do with the friction material on the clutch disc separating from the backing plate of the disc itself. If you can get it to go into all the gears just fine its not a hydraulic issue but is related to a component of the clutch itself and I would put my money on the clutch disc itself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well i called the dealer and he basically said [:)][:)][:)][:)] YOU so im screwed for him helping, now here is the thing, how much would it cost do you think?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well if this is in fact the problem you are basically looking at a clutch job. Labor and parts for it will put you around 800 bucks or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump! any other ideas, or does everyone agree?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump! any other ideas, or does everyone agree?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts