Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Frpp suspension, i have 205/60/15 what is the most offset i can do with this set-up so i wont rub?? Sorry I just wanna make sure before i buy, im looking at rotas

Some of the wheels im looking at have like a 35 offset would that be too much?? and the other one i was looking at had a 40 offset

Thanks

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I had to special order ROTA grids with the proper 45mm offset (vivid racing). The 35 and 40mm offset wheels are actually for Audi. Rota confirmed that anything less than 45mm will rub on a Focus. If you can tolerate a 'little' rub, you can get away with the 40mm if you don't carry heavy loads in the rear, or like to do 'Dukes of Hazzard' style jumps or traverse roads that compress your suspension past a certain point. You could also investigate 'rolling' your inner fenders to provide clearance for 40mm. [wiggle]
P.S. I also have the Frpp suspension.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
tru can get u a set of rota's ordered for about 500ish, no tires. thats for 16x7 black slip streams. with i think a 42 off set.

·
Banned
894 Posts
tru can get u a set of rota's ordered for about 500ish, no tires. thats for 16x7 black slip streams. with i think a 42 off set.
Those 16x7 42mm offset wheels would have 6mm more clearance on the strut side and would stick out 6mm LESS than my setup, which is 16x7.5" 42mm offset and mine did not rub with a 205/50/16 tire and FRPP suspension. So those wheels would "fit better" than my setup and have less of a chance of rubbing when wrapped with the same tire.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
slowduratec >> I paid ~$800 for Grids with a polished lip (note: the polished lip was not extra). Delivery is quoted at 6-8 weeks. This is week 8 for me, so I am expecting an email or something next week to confirm. I have sent an email requesting status, but more so as I am in and out of town so much I try to coordinate delivery with when I am in town. I cannot mount them anyway with the summer rubber until prob April at the earliest so it's no big deal for me.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I was wondering how long it takes to get special orders through them. 6-8 weeks doesn't seem like that long of a wait.
Well, it is and it isn't. They got my money and I got nuthin as yet. I always find that disturbing at some primordial level. [xx(] Think the current economic situation does not help either. But as I don't think there really out to get me I will control my paranoia. Of course unless, there really ARE out to get me, then its not paranoia. [8]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i seen that,I think im just gonna stick with 15'' for now though

Thanks for your comments guys

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i would still check with him tho. he can probily get u 15's for cheaper then that. and for the most part is able to get them in about a week or less.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i have 215/40/17's on 40offset wheels and i don't rub.

oh and i have the FRPP kit installed as well

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
does anyone with the frpp suspension know or can guess if 205/55/16s would fit without rubbing? they are my winter wheels and they have a lot of tread so i just didnt want to waste tehm. my nonsnow tires are only 15s so no problem there. im just trying to decide wether to go with the frpp kit or the svt.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
does anyone with the frpp suspension know or can guess if 205/55/16s would fit without rubbing? they are my winter wheels and they have a lot of tread so i just didnt want to waste tehm. my nonsnow tires are only 15s so no problem there. im just trying to decide wether to go with the frpp kit or the svt.
We use that size for our snow tires (stock 16" wheels) on a car with an Eibach Pro system (same 1.5 inch drop) without rubbing issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts