Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Ihave been a multitude of problems with my 01' The major issue right now is with my transmission. My car is shifting through all the gear and is getting into overdrive, however at 45 mph and over the car feels like it is stuck in 3rd but I know it isn'. It has overly high RPM's. The best way to describe it is I am going 60 mph but the car is acting like and feels like it is going 100mph. I don't get it. Any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i had issues with something similiar. ford repalced my valve body inside the trans two years ago and have been fine since.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
ya know what, this would be a great time to look into upgrading, since your going to have to spend the money anyways.

Check out Lentech, they make some sick valve bodies. Check them out.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
ya know what, this would be a great time to look into upgrading, since your going to have to spend the money anyways.

Check out Lentech, they make some sick valve bodies. Check them out.
Idk if i would bother upgrading to performance trans parts, especially you don't have any major mods or even a tune to support it. Would be kinda pointless imo. Its probably going to cost you a decent penny. If the car isnt shifting properly and the revs are shooting up when you say your above 45 then I would get it checked out first by an honest mechanic if you know one before anyone starts tearing apart your trans. How many miles are on your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk if i would bother upgrading to performance trans parts, especially you don't have any major mods or even a tune to support it. Would be kinda pointless imo. Its probably going to cost you a decent penny. If the car isnt shifting properly and the revs are shooting up when you say your above 45 then I would get it checked out first by an honest mechanic if you know one before anyone starts tearing apart your trans. How many miles are on your car?
I have just shy of 98,000. But from all the horror stories I have been told about transmission flushes( Hard to nail down all the fact from fiction) I don't know If i want to go that route just yet. The car is shifting fine and making it through all the gears with no slippage(including OD).I do have a mechanic friend who will check it out for free.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If worst comes to worst, check around, you should be able to pin down a used tranny for cheap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts